Verizon's 4G system sounds great - but when they have the system up and running, what phones will be able to take advantage of it?
    11-01-10 01:55 PM
    The new 4G capable phones they will release at some point. None are available as of today.
    11-01-10 02:38 PM
    We have heard early to mid 2011!
    11-01-10 03:47 PM
    Mobile Broadband will be released first. There is no released info on phones yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 04:41 PM
    Kinda silly to launch the LTE network and not have any phones that will work with it dont you think? Especially not for 3 or 4 months at least, if not longer? Major ball drop if you ask me, its not like this came out of the blue.
    11-01-10 05:15 PM
    Kinda silly to launch the LTE network and not have any phones that will work with it dont you think? Especially not for 3 or 4 months at least, if not longer? Major ball drop if you ask me, its not like this came out of the blue.

They have to have a 4G network to test the phones on before they release them to the general public
    11-01-10 05:19 PM
    I think it has more to do with the device manufacturers needing to get up to speed and get their devices tested and ready. Also, the 4G network is going to be somewhat thin in the beginning. They will get the air cards on board first then continue to expand the network while the manufacturers get their stuff ready.
    11-01-10 05:27 PM
    Well when you start your own wireless service company and become the number one wireless company in the US, then I'll hear your business analysis of how they should release phones.

11-01-10 05:32 PM
    Mobile Broadband will be released first. There is no released info on phones yet.

No official info, but unofficial the word is early to mid 2011! Which could be Feb, or it could be Aug! BUT yes it will be cards alone for several months, before we see 1 or 2 phone, the phone will roll out VERY slowly, just like Sprint is doing it. I think Sprint still only has 2 4G phones, and they had cards only for a while too.
    11-01-10 06:41 PM
    The current info is that VZW will release 6 LTE phones within the first half of 2011.
    11-01-10 08:15 PM
    They have to have a 4G network to test the phones on before they release them to the general public
    Good point!
    11-01-10 08:58 PM
    Well when you start your own wireless service company and become the number one wireless company in the US, then I'll hear your business analysis of how they should release phones.

LOL.....awesome post!!!

11-02-10 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD