Anyone know of a good decently featured phone for verizon aside from the touch and blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 07:16 PM
    What features you looking for?
    02-26-09 07:19 PM
    Go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless and look at them.

02-26-09 07:24 PM
    I was always a fan of the Samsung Gleam. The LG Chocolate 3 is a nice phone too now that is was made as a flip

02-26-09 07:26 PM
    Personal opinions are nice..

02-26-09 07:28 PM
    Verizon is having a nice deal on the motorola flip.
    02-26-09 08:05 PM
    I'm looking for something that is solid. I'm a fan of the samsungs. Just want to know peoples thoughts on the other phones they offer. Motorolas are good phones just never really liked em since nextel.

02-26-09 08:23 PM
    My son has a LG Dare. I'm really liking that phone. Great features and the touchscreen works very good.

02-26-09 09:51 PM
    My son has a LG Dare. I'm really liking that phone. Great features and the touchscreen works very good.

A friend of mine has the Dare and he loves it. He raves about it. I'll still take my Curve over it, though.
    02-27-09 08:50 AM
    I've heard wonderful things about the samsung sway slider.

02-27-09 09:04 AM
    I had the Dare. It was one of my FABfave 'regular' phones. I called it the 'smart, dumb-phone'!
    02-27-09 09:08 AM
    I had the voyager before the curve and I loved it it has the same touch software as the dare if you get the titiaunium one. Plus it has a full keyboard if you don't feel like touching lol.

02-27-09 09:13 AM
    I have been a VZW customer for years. I have had the best luck with various LG phones from them. Had a Moto RAZR for a while but the batter life was terrible. I stayed away from Samsung phones as I knew several people that had reception issues. The LG's seemed to me the best ones they had to offer. Most recently had the Chocolate 2 and enV. Won't give up my Curve now though, at least until the new berries come out.
    02-27-09 10:04 AM
    Dare is good and chocolate is decent.
    02-27-09 10:18 AM
    I still have my chocolate and I love it.

Before that, I had the RAZR...pretty much bought it 2 weeks before the whole world had em >_<

The line for my chocolate is up for renewal in July, so we'll see whats out then.
    02-27-09 10:42 AM
    Dare is good and chocolate is decent.
    A Dare can be dangerous & Chocolate is fattening.

The enV is good, especially the latest version. The Dare & Glyde also appear to be solid.

02-27-09 11:52 AM
    My sister uses the enV2. Seems solid & good for most of her internet usage.

02-27-09 12:00 PM
    I had the chocolate 3 for 30 days before I lost my virginity to blackberry. Call quality was awesome, it comes with 1 GB of memory installed which is great for music and other media. The camera was quite nice as well.

The Bad: I love the flip phone and the front interface, BUT it was a pain in the but to keep clicking the unlock button to access the scroll wheel to read messages. There might be a way to change it to where it locks only when you want it too, but I didn't really look into it that much. If you are looking for a phone to do some light browsing, this phone sucks for it. How the **** are there still phones out there that don't support HTML.

I went with the premium plan for 80 bucks a month, it came with everything. Then I realized the internet sucked on it, I barely used vz navigator. (I am familiar with tomtom's and the vz navigator does a great job as a gps for a phone) I switched to the curve now. I now pay 10 bucks less, and have a better phone and internet. I dropped my messaging down to the 500 plan from the unlimited because most of the people i text anyways have verizon.

As far as the glyde, I played with it and didn't like. There are numerous negative reviews on the glyde though. The keyboard didn't feel right with my big hands. The dare was also up there as a contender. Touchscreen was decent and browsing the web was a little tedious, but it worked well. I almost went with the voyager, but I felt like I was carrying around and talking on my eyeglasses case.
    02-27-09 12:38 PM
    Definately make sure you go to the store and try them out, especially the corporate stores. They have the phones on and you can actually play with them instead of looking at a fake screen and deciding that way.

I almost forgot about the krave. The phone is cool looking and it features a touchscreen. If I would have just ordered it off of the internet I would have been pissed. The phone sucks, IMO! It's an overpriced limited phone with a touchscreen. The software is horrible for it. I thought the storm was laggy, the krave is worse. The internet browser is a complete mess to navigate through.

Like I said, try the phones out for yourself. The krave looks cool on the internet, but once I played with the phone, I wanted to throw it against the wall and beat it with the storm
    02-27-09 12:46 PM
    Ii had a voyager before I jumped into blackberry world. I loved it!

03-01-09 02:32 AM
    Stay away from the Glyde and the Krave. Both of these phones fail so hard.

IMO the way to go if you are not looking in a BB is either the Env2 or the Dare....or even the LG Versa which launched today...it has a detachable keyboard and touchscreen similar to the Dare...very nice phone.
    03-01-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD