One of my lines is coming up for an upgrade in just over a month, and I was wondering, since I have had my contract with verizon for over 3 years, do I still qualify for the $100 discount or just the $50 discount for my NE2? If I qualify for the 100, should I get the Tour, Curve 8530, or Storm 1? I currently have an 8330, and I am just wondering everyone's opinions on each of those phones. Also, please keep in mind that I don't want to pay anything for the phone, so Storm 2 and Tour 2 are out of the question.
    02-14-10 09:32 PM
    What plan are you on? That's the determining factor for the amount of your NE2 credit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 09:37 PM
    I have the NATIONWIDE TALK FAMILY SHARE PRIMARY 700 $60. (Sorry for caps, I copy/pasted...) So I think that is only a $50 upgrade then correct? I think I figured out what I'll get. After further review, I like the 8530 best due to having the most memory and a trackpad. No flash doesn't really bother me much. Opinions?
    02-14-10 09:41 PM
    Yes its a $50 credit. The next time it will be $30.

For the price I think it's a pretty solid phone. Not one that I see people bringing back and complaining about.

02-14-10 09:46 PM
    One of my lines is coming up for an upgrade in just over a month, and I was wondering, since I have had my contract with verizon for over 3 years, do I still qualify for the $100 discount or just the $50 discount for my NE2? If I qualify for the 100, should I get the Tour, Curve 8530, or Storm 1? I currently have an 8330, and I am just wondering everyone's opinions on each of those phones. Also, please keep in mind that I don't want to pay anything for the phone, so Storm 2 and Tour 2 are out of the question.
    Based on your choices I think the 8530 is your best option, the Tour as second, and the Storm 1 in last place.
    02-14-10 10:04 PM
    Thanks! Can't wait for april 11th now!

02-14-10 10:10 PM
    I love my Tour>
    02-14-10 11:06 PM
    Is the line that is eligible for upgrade the primary line? A rep can correct me if I am wrong but I thought the primary line was the only line that gets the NE2 discount. So if it is not your primary line available for upgrade you wont get the additional money off. You would get the 2 yr pricing (if you opt for the 2 year contract that is) with any rebates but that would be all. May want to look into that.
    02-14-10 11:11 PM
    Is the line that is eligible for upgrade the primary line? A rep can correct me if I am wrong but I thought the primary line was the only line that gets the NE2 discount. So if it is not your primary line available for upgrade you wont get the additional money off. You would get the 2 yr pricing (if you opt for the 2 year contract that is) with any rebates but that would be all. May want to look into that.
    You are correct but the OP never stated that it was a Secondary line or Primary. Since they mentioned the NE2, I guess it was safe to say that it was a Primary.

To the OP; if you want a phone with a keyboard I would recommend the Tour, the Storm is good if you want a touchscreen and the Curve 2 if you want WiFi and a trackpad. Other then that, the choice has to be yours, its your phone.
    02-15-10 01:18 AM
    i would go with the newesttt,,,that will b the 8530
    02-15-10 01:43 AM
    It is a secondary line, so I guess I'll be paying 50 bucks for the 8530 huh? Oh well. No biggie there I guess.

02-15-10 08:36 AM
    You will get the 2yr price (whatever it may be at that time). Only discount you will receive is the mail-in rebate.

Not to jump the gun but you could be in the time frame of the Tour 2 being released. Just another option you may want to look into.
    02-15-10 11:22 AM
    You are correct but the OP never stated that it was a Secondary line or Primary. Since they mentioned the NE2, I guess it was safe to say that it was a Primary.
    I go by the policy never assume anything and that is why I made the comment. I know I would hate to get wrong or incomplete information and be disappointed when I was told differently at a store. As it turns out it is not the OP's primary line so now he knows the policy and won't expect the extra discount.
    02-15-10 12:39 PM
    Keep an eye out for news regarding the 9650 as well (aka the Tour2).

It's got a better screen, its a world phone and has the trackpad and wi-fi that the curve has. The curve is still an awesome phone, don't get me wrong, but the Tour might have more options depending on what you want it for, and it is 'supposedly' due out later this year... but exactly when...nobody knows.
    02-15-10 03:05 PM
    Thanks again, everybody. I'm definitely not looking at the Tour 2 in the near future due to how expensive it will be at launch. I'll definitely be looking at it NEXT April when my primary line is up for its NE2. Hopefully I'll build up a nice collection of BB's over the next year! I kinda want to get one of each to play around with. Maybe I'll get the wife a Storm 2 and myself a Tour 2 next year, unless something new and better is out. The 8530 will be coming from my mom's line on my account, as she is perfectly happy with my old EnV. (Yes, EnV, not EnV 2 or 3. That sucker has lasted a while with zero issues.)
    02-15-10 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD