I know there are a bunch of these on here. Never really clear to me though. I have a storm 2. Not happy at all. My 2 years are up June 2011. Any tips on finding a way to get a new phone without paying full retail? I tried one of our local stores and was told no. I plan on trying another store and calling customer service today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 08:05 AM
    Calling customer service. is your best option. They can do more for you than store reps by far. There is a promotion for smartphones currently. Call and ask if you qualify. Good luck! Explain your issues nicely, without demanding.

07-25-10 08:09 AM
    Calling customer service. is your best option. They can do more for you than store reps by far. There is a promotion for smartphones currently. Call and ask if you qualify. Good luck! Explain your issues nicely, without demanding.

Bingo! I called customer service yesterday morning and complained about my issues with my Storm 1 and the customer service manager let me have an early upgrade. I was polite and explained to the rep my situation and he had no problem giving me an early upgrade. My 2 year contract ends on 4/2011 and I was able to get an early upgrade.

Note: I had to call 2 times yesterday morning because the first customer service rep told me that I couldn't get an early upgrade. So if you call and speak to someone and they tell you that it can't be done just call back again and speak to someone else and they might be able to help you.
    07-25-10 10:59 AM
    If you called a corporate store and was told no, why would you call another or call customer service? Policies are policies. If you arent eligible to upgrade, you cant upgrade.

To Chrisy520, They cant "do more than store reps by far" I dont know where people come up with the misconception that the people that answer the phone when you dial *611 are some sort of superior employee. The people in the call center have the lowest amount of qualifications to be hired. After talking to some of them on the phone i think the only requirement for employement was "have a pulse" They can do exactly what a store rep can do, they may choose to waive more fees or make more exceptions but that is because they dont get commission. Us in store reps dont do that because for 1 it hurts are numbers and 2, if you do it for 1 person, everyone is going to want it.
    07-25-10 01:57 PM
    Won't your network let best plan your tariff? Here in the uk you can downgrade your monthly payments to your typical usage accrual and realign your tariff,so try to get your monthly call minutes down as much as possible 3 months straight then best plan and buy out your contract at the lower price point. Lower monthly fee X how ever many months you have left will surely cost less to buy out than buying a new handset.

07-25-10 02:09 PM
    Well I talked to someone at a different store. I am eligible for an upgrade and a $100 instant rebate. Not sure how since I am 14 months out from my NE2 date. Oh well!

07-25-10 02:10 PM
    For the reasons you stated, in store reps cannot be as helpful. i know this because i worked for Verizon Wireless less than a year ago for some time. We have to get manager approval, consider our stock and quota.

Call center reps do not and can focus more on customer satisfaction.

Calling customer care is the best option for anyone.

07-25-10 02:10 PM
    Don't recall customer services aswel,I to work for a network as a senior sales and trust me CServices notepad accounts with what has previously been actioned or proposed on an account and 9 times out of 10 they will just make you feel like a prat

07-25-10 02:13 PM
    If you called a corporate store and was told no, why would you call another or call customer service? Policies are policies. If you arent eligible to upgrade, you cant upgrade.

To Chrisy520, They cant "do more than store reps by far" I dont know where people come up with the misconception that the people that answer the phone when you dial *611 are some sort of superior employee. The people in the call center have the lowest amount of qualifications to be hired. After talking to some of them on the phone i think the only requirement for employement was "have a pulse" They can do exactly what a store rep can do, they may choose to waive more fees or make more exceptions but that is because they dont get commission. Us in store reps dont do that because for 1 it hurts are numbers and 2, if you do it for 1 person, everyone is going to want it.
    You sound like a bitter in store VZW rep when you put down the call center employees. When i worked there i considered all VZW employees as part of a team. The in store reps and the call center reps. They've helped my customers out and vise versa.

It's totally untrue that "policies are policies." You know for sure that the policies can be adjusted, according to customer spending, loyalty and if the rep wants to go that extra mile and help. i've done it, with approval, for my customers so many times.

07-25-10 03:14 PM
    You sound like a bitter in store VZW rep when you put down the call center employees. When i worked there i considered all VZW employees as part of a team. The in store reps and the call center reps. They've helped my customers out and vise versa.

It's totally untrue that "policies are policies." You know for sure that the policies can be adjusted, according to customer spending, loyalty and if the rep wants to go that extra mile and help. i've done it, with approval, for my customers so many times.

Not bitter, just realistic. Ive talked to some idiots on the phone.
    07-25-10 03:26 PM
    Ok, you got me there. i have too. i've come across a few dopes too. But most reps are at least helpful and somewhat knowledgeable. In store same thing.

07-25-10 03:29 PM
    Considering how high you hold yourself and other store reps, I find it odd that customers tell me on a regular basis, that they hate going into stores, talking to store reps or dealing with them. The trade off for a store reps perfection and vast amount of knowledge, must be the lack of courtesy and a god-complex. But at least at the end of the day, you can say that you are the best part of Verizon Wireless.

07-25-10 04:06 PM
    If you are as courteous in your store as you are here on the forums, it's no wonder.
    07-25-10 04:30 PM
    Considering how high you hold yourself and other store reps, I find it odd that customers tell me on a regular basis, that they hate going into stores, talking to store reps or dealing with them. The trade off for a store reps perfection and vast amount of knowledge, must be the lack of courtesy and a god-complex. But at least at the end of the day, you can say that you are the best part of Verizon Wireless.

Never said any of that wise guy. I am well versed on most aspects of the retail side of our business. I have dealt with some really good customer service reps but some really dumb ones as well. If you work in a call center you know there is someone on your team that should not have a job, you cant argue that. At the same time, there are some reps in the store that shouldnt be working here either.

Cool, customers tell you stuff. I bet it makes you feel superior when they tell you that....I wonder why? Maybe because they want you to do something for them. Im sure some customers have dealt with a bad rep in a store, not all of them are bad though.
    07-25-10 04:33 PM
    If you are as courteous in your store as you are here on the forums, it's no wonder.
    Yeah, my words and actions on a forum on the internet dedicated to cell phones is a direct reflection of how i am in real life.

I help customers as they need to be helped, each customer is different. Id say abotu 90% of the time customers leave very pleased after working with me.
    07-25-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD