Hi everyone,

I have done a search and have found a couple of answers but want to be more specific.

I just upgraded from a tour to an Incredible. I was eligible for the 2yr price online so I got one of the refurbished Incredibles on the website. Also, fyi, there was an option to have the cost (99.00) applied to my next bill so I did that also.

I got it, activated it, agreed to extend my contract. Now, still having my Tour (Kept it just in case LOL), if I decide that I want to go back to it....

I am assuming it is ok to sell the Incredible, with the buyer understanding that it has no warranty unless they were to get it on their account? Just trying to avoid any issues with Verizon.

Also, would I be breaking my contract if i go back to the Tour? Since i am keeping a "smartphone"?

Thanks all.
    12-06-10 08:20 PM
    That is correct. You can do WHATEVER you want with the Incredible. It's your phone...the contract just has to be fulfilled...doesn't matter by what phone.
    12-06-10 09:10 PM
    no your not breaking your contract as long as you stay with verizon, no matter what phone you use smart or not. The buyer will not have any warranty at all ever.
    12-06-10 09:11 PM
    thanks guys. also its worth noting that i've bought several phones off craigslist and have also done a couple of asurion claims on those over the years as well. so asurion did not seem to have a problem with whether i originally got it at Verizon as long as my protection plan pmt was paid each month.
    12-06-10 09:15 PM
    no your not breaking your contract as long as you stay with verizon, no matter what phone you use smart or not. The buyer will not have any warranty at all ever.
    So are you saying I can use a "dumb phone" and stop paying for data if for some reason I needed to cut costs and save money and still fulfill my contract?
    12-07-10 01:22 PM
    So are you saying I can use a "dumb phone" and stop paying for data if for some reason I needed to cut costs and save money and still fulfill my contract?
    Yes that is what he is saying. It's a true.
    12-07-10 01:25 PM
    The only issues I know of are if you did the upgrade from Amazon. They require you to have the plan in effect for 180 days before you upgrade or downgrade. This is Amazon only and not Verizon's rule!!
    12-07-10 04:53 PM
    Yes that is what he is saying. It's a true.
    Thanks Mario! yes indeed it's true... you can change your plan, bolt-ons (text,data..ect.), phone anytime as long as you keep paying them for the contract term.
    12-07-10 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD