I know this has most likely been asked many times before, but I see that most people are asking Verizon to upgrade their phones a month give or take early. However, My upgrade date is April 9th and today is April 6th, do you think they would allow me to upgrade if I go to the store now and ask them? I don't think i will be able to get the phone on the 9th for external reasons.
    04-06-10 02:17 PM
    If you call Customer service I believe they will let you upgrade up to 30 days prior
    04-06-10 02:21 PM
    I am sure they can. If they can not at the store call them and have them order for you there.
    04-06-10 02:40 PM
    Your best bet would be to call or go in and ask. It depends on who you talk to. Some people will go above and beyond to help you while others will tell you to take a hike. It doesn't hurt to ask. You can also wait until after the 9th to get your upgrade, it doesn't have to be on the 9th.
    04-06-10 06:34 PM
    Well I just got back from Verizon and they said no can do. Instead they said to call in and ask about that and maybe they will allow the upgrade date to be changed. I even asked an Employee online through Verizon's Chat service and got a nada before I left for the store. I guess a Phone call is next and hopefully they will allow me too

And yea I could just wait, but I would have to wait 10 days, and that would just kill me , its going to be my first smartphone and I am just so hyper about it. The fact I couldn't get it today sucks .
    04-06-10 06:43 PM
    Thats crazy that they won't let you upgrade 3 days earlier. I have always upgraded online so I don't know how it works in the stores. Even at walmart you can upgrade like 30 days earlier. It just don't make sense.
    04-06-10 08:31 PM
    Yea I know, it sucks. But I guess I will just call next and see what happens 2 days from the upgrade date >.>
    04-06-10 08:39 PM
    Have you tried doing it online?
    04-06-10 09:44 PM
    Yes I have, it still wants me to buy it at retail price.
    04-06-10 10:26 PM
    I know how you feel. When I was waiting to get my S2, I was dying. I had a palm centro that stopped working so I had to use a dumb phone for over a month and I had the hardest time waiting.

You could wait until the 9th, then call early in the morning, order the phone and see if they can overnight the phone to wherever you are.
    04-06-10 10:46 PM
    Just go in the morning of the 9th and buy the phone.
    04-07-10 12:49 AM
    My upgrade was December 9th, and they let me upgrade November 24th.
    But they said I was a 'High-Status Customer' because I have purchased so many phones full retail priced and i've been with them since back in the day!
    04-07-10 12:53 AM
    Oh, I have only been with them for 4 years maybe 6, but I have never bought the retail price. I could never afford that . I am going to call in a few hours, if they say wait then I guess I have to go very early, if I can, which I don't think I can.

Despite that, thanks everyone! You guys are so helpful
    04-07-10 04:29 AM
    Yeah it just depends on who you talk to. Sorry man, the anticipation kills...especially if it's your first smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 08:22 AM
    Well I called and they said they could not change the date but I could order the phone and receive it in 4 days, when my upgrade date is in 2 days. I asked the woman if there is anything that could be done because i would not be able to get it on Friday but no can do. *sigh*
    04-07-10 04:22 PM
    I feel just like you do. Today is the 7th, and my upgrade date is on the 11th. I know they won't let me upgrade early because we've had a few late payments due to my wife losing her job. Guess I'll just wait four more days.
    04-07-10 08:44 PM
    My upgrade was December 9th, and they let me upgrade November 24th.
    But they said I was a 'High-Status Customer' because I have purchased so many phones full retail priced and i've been with them since back in the day!
    That has nothing to do with anything. You paying full retail for a phone in a store hurts the store, it doesnt help.

Contracts are 24 months long, you can upgrade at the 20 month mark.....thats already 4 months early. 4 months and 3 days means the rep that you are trying to get a phone from wont be getting commission on that transaction unless you are a primary line 49.99 or higher. YOUR line has to be the primary, it doesnt matter if your bill is 432532453 dollars a month, the line you are upgrading needs to be the primary to upgrade in a store any earlier than 20 months into your contract.
    04-09-10 10:30 AM
    The stores have very little to no power in changing these things. In order to do it, you HAVE to call 611 and dial 0 to get a customer service rep. They are the keyholders, and with a little sweet talking and politeness they should be able to do it.
    04-09-10 10:35 AM