My Curve stops receiving data randomly throughout the day. It will receive phone calls just fine, but it stops receiving emails/blackberry msgs/etc until I turn off the wireless service and turn it back on.

I've had the device for about 15 months. Am I just going to be out of luck here? This happens 2-3 times a day and is really annnnnoying.
    07-07-09 08:46 AM
    First, have you called VZW tech support or have you taken it into a store to get it looked at yet?

Do you have the extended warranty? Has the phone been damaged or been wet? If so, do you have insurance?

If there is no damage or liquid damage and the problem was caused by a manufacture defect and not caused by some 3rd party app or application you downloaded, then you may be able to get an out of warranty replacement for $50. If you have the extended warranty, then there is not cost unless it is damaged. Insurance will cover the damage if you have insurance for either a $50 deductible or $89 deductible (depends on when you signed up for the insurance).

Before that becomes an option, you will need to do a hard reset on the device and wipe everything off the phone. Make sure you've backed everything up before you do the reset. The wipe will essentially return your device to the way it was when you bought it. Don't worry, you won't lose any OS updates. After the wipe, if the phone is functioning normally, then you can restore everything. If it isn't functioning before you restore everything, then you need to have it looked at and potentially replaced. If you wipe it and it works fine, but then restore everything and it doesn't, then it may indicate there is some kind of software problems with the apps or whatnot that you have installed on the phone. If that happens, then you need to test them one by one to find the culprit.
    07-07-09 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD