suggestions?
    01-28-09 09:56 AM
    Depends on what you like or want to use it for.

Edit: Sorry phone rang. I prefer touch screens for the real estate. However I do miss the hard keyboard. It's a transition and something I chose to give up for the larger screen. I'm liking my storm so far.
    Last edited by Dartanion; 01-28-09 at 10:08 AM.
    01-28-09 10:03 AM
    The pearl is nice because it is small, but lacks memory

The curve is a very nice phone, full keyboard good memory and stable os.

The storm is a one of a kind. touch screen, glitz and glamourish, but lacking stable os currently.
    01-28-09 10:09 AM
    Love my curve, hated my dare, never going back to a touch screen. I would wait till the spring time, the Curve 8900 is suppose to be out by then, or the Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 09:52 PM
    If you're looking for a BlackBerry for VZW, pick up the Curve. It's the best Verizon berry, because of the memory and OS version (I'm not sure what the Pearl is for app; might be same as the 4.5 for the Curve). It's also got a larger screen and full QWERTY keyboard layout.
    Anyway, personal preference of course. I liked the 8830 (have had them all, used an 8820 for a long time), but the increased memory and better OS slanted me to the Curve. The only real reason to have a Pearl is if you must have a form factor that is just slightly smaller than the Curve. Again, personal preference reigns.

Have a blast picking,
    -Eric

PS. Forgot to mention the Storm. If you don't even know that you want a BlackBerry, I wouldn't suggest the Storm as a beginner's phone. Some love it, however. Again, have fun choosing.
    01-28-09 10:03 PM
    Depends on what type of features you want to have in your cell phone.

You may want to look at the list of best cell phones and best cell phone plans. Just have a look.
    01-29-09 02:47 AM
    Well ill be in a extended network zone for awhile till the whole alltel change over thing is over.
    01-31-09 02:19 AM
    Well ill be in a extended network zone for awhile till the whole alltel change over thing is over.
    While you live in an Alltel area and yes the conversion may take a bit, there are areas that are being divested. You will need to find out if you live on of these areas. I believe there maybe maps on the VZW website Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless or you can call 800-922-0204 and a rep can see maps and look alltel numbers if you have one and tell you.
    01-31-09 07:18 AM
    Go to VZW website and make a comparison between phones that should help you to narrow it down.

01-31-09 08:07 AM
    Kinda open ended there you may want to give us a little more help. Do you want a Blackberry? what will you phone be used for mostly? (remember when all you did was call and talk to people) , do you travel outside the us?
    01-31-09 07:24 PM
    this is a tough call.

the storm is great, but i hate typing on it.

the verizon curve is old imo. it has only 96mb memory, no rev a, 2mp camera is weak, screen res and quality is poor.

htc touch pro is not bad, but resistve touch screen and messed up keyboard suck.

saga is a descent winmo choice.

omnia i am not a fan of, more poor typing, screen is not as nice as storm.

q9c is old and not powerful enough for todays stuff.

read my post about it a little here:
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Missing winmo!

i would say storm is best verizon phone at the moment, thats why i have it.

but would probably prefer the cdma bold, if it existed
    01-31-09 07:38 PM
    WAIT if you can!!! the new Niagara 9030 should be out somtime in May!!! I'm due for my upgrade in 3weeks! I have a pearl now 8130 which i love, but yes no memory for mulitple apps and trust me ive done everything to squeeze it all out!!haha maken coal with that thing! I've decided to pass on the Storm do to all the bad reviews on the touch screen/OS issues
    but it is a cool phone!!!
    01-31-09 07:53 PM
    WAIT if you can!!! the new Niagara 9030 should be out somtime in May!!! I'm due for my upgrade in 3weeks! I have a pearl now 8130 which i love, but yes no memory for mulitple apps and trust me ive done everything to squeeze it all out!!haha maken coal with that thing! I've decided to pass on the Storm do to all the bad reviews on the touch screen/OS issues
    but it is a cool phone!!!
    for me, i got the storm even knowing this.... heres my reasoning.

also for me my n2 had been up for several months, i have heard once your ne2 is eligible, you have 6 mos to use it. i dont know if this is true for sure though but it added to my decision.

the storm i got in nov..... the niagra may come out in may, and who knows what delays there could be which could end up in june or july. if its that great, after 12 months you can get a new phone on contract if you extend for 2 more years. so come novemember, once the niagra has had its os fixed i will be eligible. being that its now feb, maybe your reasoning wont be the exact as mine, but still, you wont be stuck with the storm for that long while the niagra is availab.e
    01-31-09 07:57 PM
    I would say wait for the Curve 8930. Although they're declaring the Bold to be the staple of Blackberry, the new Curve seems to surpass it in every way. IMO.
    02-01-09 10:05 PM
    Its a tuff call, it comes down to preference and what you like in a phone. The storm is an amazing phone but lacks a good/stable OS right now, but the updates are getting better and better. As for the Curve 8330 i personally LOVE it. I have one on Sprint and dont have one negative thing to say about it IMO. I also have a 8830 which is another great phone that Verizon has also but is running a little bit older OS(but still a good one). It doesnt have a camera and it is slightly larger then the Curve but it works great. If you can wait then i would def say it may be a good thing to check out the Niagara because its def shaping to be a great one.
    02-01-09 10:14 PM
    well i think i have made up my mind.
    i think i want the 8330 white/silver verison.
    i really like it, storm seems alittle to buggy for my taste.
    02-02-09 01:22 AM
    well i think i have made up my mind.
    i think i want the 8330 white/silver verison.
    i really like it, storm seems alittle to buggy for my taste.
    I don't think you will regret it. I just went back to the exact phone you're looking at (8330 silver) from the storm and couldn't be happier.

I miss some of the features of the storm, but I can fly typing again, so I'm happy.

02-02-09 09:06 AM
    how well does it work in extened networks?
    02-02-09 11:30 PM
    how well does it work in extened networks?
    Not sure. I've got full (I'm talking 5 bars) of EVDO Verizon coverage everywhere I go...sorry I couldn't help more.
    02-02-09 11:32 PM
    thank all of you for replying. most people on here dont take me seriously because im young, but what they dont know is that im very mature and not some little kid. Thanks again, hopefully you guys help out in the future.
    02-03-09 01:59 AM
    Storm! Storm! Storm!
    02-04-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD