Hey guys this may sound stupid but I went into the verizon store because my phone wouldn't lock on to the 3G network it was stuck on just 1X.. I took it in and they couldn't figure out what was going on so they went thru all there normal steps and come to find out they said my memi number or something like that was showing the phone to be a blackberry pearl... And i know what your thinking ok so.... The so is that the phone is actually a blackberry storm. they racked there little brains trying to figure out how that happens... (I BOUGHT THE PHONE IN AN OFFICAL VERIZON STORE) But anyways they tell me there going to force a prl manually and it will take 24 to 48 hours and so i wait and i woke up this morning and something had gone very wrong. I woke up to my browser being deleted and all my host routing tables gone and still no internet.. Bottom line they did all they could they said and that there's something wrong with the phone so they are fedexing me a new phone cuz they were out at all the stores in town and which is surprising cuz we have like 5 stores here. The new phone is didn't cost me anything so i was just curious after all my rambling what will come with the new phone. Will it be everything as if i went and bought a new one from the store like with the headset/case and all that jazz or is it just going to be the phone. They people at verzion told me to just keep the battery/back cover/ and my microsd card. so i wasn't sure why i would keep all that stuff unless i was just gonna get a phone without a battery/cover n no sd card. Anyone know what i should expect like i said would seem odd to get a phone without the basics of a battery and battery cover and make me use my old one especically when i have to send the phone back minus what they told me to keep... so any info would help....
    11-01-09 01:55 AM
    you have to re-register your phone, sounds like they reset it. The is a step on cdma phones to get all data working again but I can't remember where it is except that it is setup. somebody help!
    11-01-09 01:00 AM
    So why? would that matter , Pearl's get 3g too.
    11-01-09 01:57 AM
    Yeah all they would need to do is a DMD form and the MEID would show as a BB Storm like the next day..

You're getting a Certified Like New Replacement (CLNR). It is NOT a brand new phone.
    11-01-09 02:03 AM
    And it will come without the battery, battery door and memory card. You have to use your old ones. That's why they said to keep them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 08:16 AM
    Thanks guys it's what I thought also n e onve ever got one should it be good?
    11-01-09 08:50 PM
    Should be as good as new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 08:56 PM
    If I had a new phone from VZN every time they told me this "should" be fixed now... Well, I would be starting my own company now.
    11-02-09 12:53 AM
    you have to re-register your phone, sounds like they reset it. The is a step on cdma phones to get all data working again but I can't remember where it is except that it is setup. somebody help!
    Here are the steps I take generally if I cant get 1XEV pushed to the phone with a soft reset.

dial ##000000
    change MDN and IMSI_S to 0000001234
    save and the phone will reset.
    Once the phone is back on dial *228 opt 1
    MOST of the time this will resolve it.
    2nd thing to try is to make sure that the SID pw is "vzw"
    same thing save and restart and data SHOULD come up.

11-02-09 09:56 AM
    Here are the steps I take generally if I cant get 1XEV pushed to the phone with a soft reset.

dial ##000000
    change MDN and IMSI_S to 0000001234
    save and the phone will reset.
    Once the phone is back on dial *228 opt 1
    MOST of the time this will resolve it.
    2nd thing to try is to make sure that the SID pw is "vzw"
    same thing save and restart and data SHOULD come up.

And if all that doesn't work???
    TRANSFER
    JK
    11-02-09 09:58 AM
    hardi f-ing har!
    11-02-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD