I have to ask, if you have nothing but problems with your phone and your past your 30 days of exchanging your phone, what options do you have?? I am on my third phone replacement from April 3rd or so. You would think there would be a lemon law on phones like they do on cars. I love my blackberry but I started having problems once my 30 day guarantee was up. First phone had an OS error they couldn't get rid of, so I recieved a new phone. That phone overheated and was not charging and was in sleep mode, so they lady at my Verizon store traded that one in.

Now I am getting spotty service with the data plan and I heard there was an outage in my area or with BB, but this has been going on for 2 days now. I reset my phone with tech support and it's still being sluggish. My question now, what options do I have when I keep getting bum phones?? For the record, I do have insurance on the phone...
    05-19-10 01:28 PM
    You have a 1 year manufactures warranty. They will honor it. Only if you are the first purchaser of that phone.

Also normally after 3-4 exchanges they will suggest a different model, that is like or close to what you have...

But don;t think you will get something newer that is out... It's highly unlikely...

There is a current Data outage that is effecting some users right now. You can call into Verizon and see what they can do or info they can give you..
    05-19-10 01:39 PM
    If you are out of your 30 days there is not much you can do. But...I would call and speak with a supervisor, explain the issues you have been having, they will see all your replacements, and ask if you can get another phone. No promises but most times since you are out of the 30 days by a couple of weeks, they may make exception. Because if you having legitimate issues as you described, I would not expect you to be stuck with a phone for 2 years that doesn't work right. Good luck. By the way...what phone do you have? I can't see your profile...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 01:42 PM
    If you are out of your 30 days there is not much you can do. But...I would call and speak with a supervisor, explain the issues you have been having, they will see all your replacements, and ask if you can get another phone. No promises but most times since you are out of the 30 days by a couple of weeks, they may make exception. Because if you having legitimate issues as you described, I would not expect you to be stuck with a phone for 2 years that doesn't work right. Good luck. By the way...what phone do you have? I can't see your profile...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    User has a 8530
    05-19-10 01:44 PM
    Yester, thanks for the speedy response. I am the first user/purchaser of this phone and I am now on my third phone. I have been with Verizon for several years now but today in store they were just rude and just said, can't help you either because none of our blackberry phones are working either. Can I suggest a new phone or do they have to suggest it in order to get a different model?! Because honestly, I really do love this phone.
    05-19-10 01:44 PM
    I have the 8530 in Violet and just exchanged one in store last Thursday. Any new recommendations or hints for when I talk to them on the phone?!
    05-19-10 01:45 PM
    Yester, thanks for the speedy response. I am the first user/purchaser of this phone and I am now on my third phone. I have been with Verizon for several years now but today in store they were just rude and just said, can't help you either because none of our blackberry phones are working either. Can I suggest a new phone or do they have to suggest it in order to get a different model?! Because honestly, I really do love this phone.

None of theirs were working? lol wow statement of the day!

Well IMO here is your options. Call 611 or from land line Verizon Wireless. Explain nicely to the operator on the issues you are having. Have your BlackBerry handy for trouble shooting. And see what options you have...

As for a comparable phone. Not sure but it's what ever has similar features, etc... But you would have to ask...

Keep us posted..
    05-19-10 01:52 PM
    None of theirs were working? lol wow statement of the day!

Well IMO here is your options. Call 611 or from land line Verizon Wireless. Explain nicely to the operator on the issues you are having. Have your BlackBerry handy for trouble shooting. And see what options you have...

As for a comparable phone. Not sure but it's what ever has similar features, etc... But you would have to ask...

Keep us posted..
    None of their personal blackberry phones were working to troubleshoot with and so therefore they could call me when they were up and running. Just that there seems to be an outage in our area. But this is the same store I've replaced my 8530 at TWICE. I guess I can try tech support again. Hard to sell a friend on how great Blackberry phones are when your own phone won't work properly...hahaha!! lol
    05-19-10 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD