Hey,

What Verizon phones don't require a data plan? I'm getting sick of my BlackBerry/paying $30 a month for a data plan, and I want something cheaper. If possible, a phone with a full QWERTY keyboard would be the best. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 12:08 AM
    You can switch to what Verizon calls a Feature Phone. I used to know them as multimedia phones. These are not Smartphones so they will not have any of the same functions as your Bold.

There are no Smartphones that will not require a data plan.

Verizon Feature Phones
    02-15-11 07:55 AM
    The Cosmos by Lg has a slide out keyboard. There are several feature phones that have slide out keyboards now.
    02-15-11 08:56 AM
    You can switch to what Verizon calls a Feature Phone. I used to know them as multimedia phones. These are not Smartphones so they will not have any of the same functions as your Bold.

There are no Smartphones that will not require a data plan.

Verizon Feature Phones
    There are actually a few smartphones that were grandfathered in, such as the original Motorola Q, and I think 2 others. These do not require a data plan. Verizon no longer sells these, so you would need to pick one up on eBay or Craigslist.
    02-15-11 12:00 PM
    There are actually a few smartphones that were grandfathered in, such as the original Motorola Q, and I think 2 others. These do not require a data plan. Verizon no longer sells these, so you would need to pick one up on eBay or Craigslist.
    The Motorola Q? My wife did phone support for a short while for those. That is one scarry phone. Very buggy OS.

I know, but it is an option for the OP since it's grandfathered in.
    02-15-11 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD