My company just switched from Verizon to Sprint. The night of the switch they told us to cut off our blackberries. The phones were linked to our companies server. After the switch the old phones will not even cut on. Is this thing dead? They told us we could keep them. Is there anything I can do to make it work?
    05-15-11 11:24 AM
    It would be possible to activate the old device on VZW if you have VZW as your personal carrier. If you do not have VZW, you could sell it or give it to somebody who has VZW. You will need to make sure the IT policy is removed prior to activating it on a VZW BIS plan or selling/giving it to a VZW customer.
    05-15-11 11:32 AM
    I wanted to wipe it clean but it woun't power on. how do I get it to power on?
    05-15-11 12:58 PM
    I wanted to wipe it clean but it woun't power on. how do I get it to power on?
    Have you charged it? It sounds like the battery is dead.
    05-15-11 01:01 PM
    I had the same thought. Even my old phones that are "deactivated" will still turn on, and pick up the signal for current date and time, as long as the batteries aren't totally dead. Before the days of Backup Assistant for my "dumb phones," I'd often carry a deactivated phone around for a few days, just to find phone numbers, until I had time to manually transfer all my contact info to the new phone!
    05-15-11 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD