View Poll Results: What would you do if you hated your phone and wanted a new one? (has to be verizon)

10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Put up with the old one and wait for the Tour?

6 60.00%
  • Settle for the Curve

3 30.00%
  • Learn to get used to touchscreen keyboard on Storm

1 10.00%
  • Get another phone all together

0 0%
    I have had my Treo 700wx for some time. I really need to get something else, it has been nothing but problems for me. I need a smart phone and I wanted to go with a Black Berry. I used the Storm when it first came out and wasn't too impressed, however it was right after it came out before updates. Most of the problem i had with it, is i send and receive multiple emails a day for work from my phone as well as data entry on excel sheets, so the touchscreen keyboard was going to be very difficult to use. Ive been reading about the "Tour" (Niagara) 9630 for a few months now and trying to wait for it since all the leaks had said may. But as it became closer and no for sure answers have made me wonder if I should just settle for the curve, 8830, 8703e, pearl, put up with the storm, or wait for the Tour. Since I have no experience with a BB I'm not all that sure which are good phones. I'm getting my 4th Treo warranty replacement sent to me now so i could probably put up with it for a little while longer if I should hold out on the Tour. Opinions are very welcome and wanted. Please just don't bash someones opinion because im looking to get a variety of answers to help me decide. If you compare different phones even better
    05-01-09 04:32 PM
    No complaints on the Curve and that is from someone who runs the latest and greatest computers. Can't get too fast or too capable here. But I have a feeling we may see that new BB sooner than we know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at
    05-01-09 05:11 PM
    I love my curve and hated my storm and got rid of it a couple weeks ago.

05-01-09 05:14 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you, looking for a smartphone, but I don't want to waste my upgrade on any of the phones currently available. Verizon sucks with releasing new phones. My roommate uses an 8330, which is pretty nice, but not worth getting in my opinion (only because of the new phones on the horizon). I would get the storm if it worked better and didn't have the surepress screen. I have an ipod touch that I frequently use for email and I find that it is extremely easy to type on.

I want the 9630, unless the Pre is confirmed for Verizon.
    05-01-09 05:23 PM
    I want the 9630, unless the Pre is confirmed for Verizon.
    It might haPpen but only if the exclusive agreement Sprint did for it it renegotiated. More info at The Fog of Cellphone Wars - Bits Blog - For me I want a good windows phone with a real keyboard that doesn't flip or fold or slide.

05-01-09 05:48 PM
    I am in the same boat. I just used my upgrade on a storm a week ago but don't know if I should just pick up a curve from ebay and wait for the Tour. The storm is a nice phone but needs an update bad.

05-01-09 06:58 PM
    For me I want a good windows phone with a real keyboard that doesn't flip or fold or slide
    Sounds like you need to check out the Napolean. Its basically a updated Motorola Q with all the bells and whistles on VZW
    05-01-09 07:28 PM
    If you want a good smartphone the Curve is the way to go on Verizon at the moment unless you want something to try to compare with the Iphone which would be the Storm.

I prefer a real keyboard. I have only played a little with a Storm and it would take some getting used to i think.

But everyone i've ever noticed typing on an Iphone usually only uses one finger to type. The Curve is easy to use. They keyboard is well laid out for me.

If you wait for a "new" phone from BlackBerry or any other manufacturer you will always be waiting since they are always developing new phones.
    05-02-09 07:20 AM
    I voted for the curve, but I was thinking more along the lines of buying a used curve and then using ur every 2 to upgrade to the tour. Thats what I would do if I were you. So its sort of an in between option 1 and 2

But not a vote to use the every 2 discount for a curve
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-02-09 at 08:33 AM.
    05-02-09 07:36 AM