12-08-08 12:46 PM
34 12
tools
    no, I eat it up because thy have the best coverage... thats all
    12-04-08 09:42 PM
    VZW requires a data plan for BB's and other smartphones. If your friend wants a Blackberry without a data plan T-Mobile & AT&T do not require them.
    However if they plan on doing any MMS the data plan is required no matter the carrier because they will not receive MMS without it.
    12-05-08 02:31 AM
    I was talking to a verizon tech and when we finished our conversation he forgot to disconnect the line and I overheard him talking to his co-workers about the freezing issues with the storm. a lot of it is caused by the VZ Navigator, but they aren't aloud to tell customers that cause its an "add on" thats no bull either. I just listened to him talk for 3 or 4 minutes about it.
    12-05-08 03:09 AM
    However if they plan on doing any MMS the data plan is required no matter the carrier because they will not receive MMS without it.
    AT&T and T-Mobile can add a pay per use plan and MMS will work. It's free unless you actually use the internet on the phone. So you dont need a full data plan.
    12-05-08 09:28 AM
    OK... so with respect to wifi and data. When they decide, hey, lets take wifi out of a phone that already supports it (to save money on the chip of course), and then "require" a date plan to access the internet (for a fee), then force our computer system to register it that way so not even the techs and reps can change it, thats backdoor planning.
    If they placed a wifi chip in their BB devices (which we all know other BB curves have), and then dropped the requirement for data, which is 100% possible as other companies have done, many more people would opt out and verizon will lose money. Difference is that this is money verizon should not have been getting to begin with (hense the backdoor deals or whatever you want to call it that allowed them to get away with this).
    Please list one CDMA BlackBerry with wifi.

Please also list one PDA that Verizon "removed" the wifi from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 11:16 PM
    I had a BB 8830 and was able to cancel the days plan with no problem. Haven't tried on my pearl

12-08-08 03:42 AM
    Please list one CDMA BlackBerry with wifi.

Please also list one PDA that Verizon "removed" the wifi from.

With pleasure! Currently there are no blackberries with WIFI capabilities that "REQUIRE" a data plan!

Also, even tho some PDAs do have WIFI, verizon will now require that they have a data plan attached. This is regardless of WIFI capabilities. I'm not sure when this is supposed to take affect but from what I read, it will soon!
    12-08-08 08:16 AM
    I need to disable my data plan and it appears that my options are:

1. Beg and plead with Verizon CS to remove the plan which may render the phone unusable.

2. Sign on with another carrier like T-mobile or AT&T and buy another device.

3. Somehow port my current device over to the new carrier. Is this what "unlocking" allows me to do? Can it be done on this phone?

Thanks for any help.
    12-08-08 12:07 PM
    I need to disable my data plan and it appears that my options are:

1. Beg and plead with Verizon CS to remove the plan which may render the phone unusable.

2. Sign on with another carrier like T-mobile or AT&T and buy another device.

3. Somehow port my current device over to the new carrier. Is this what "unlocking" allows me to do? Can it be done on this phone?

Thanks for any help.
    Verizon will not remove it no matter what. I did a phone exchange for a guy that required me to call in and their systems wouldn't let the order process unless he had a data plan. They do this that way if you accidentally hit the broswer button or accidentally use BBM you can't call them and say I didn't know it would use date.

AT&T or T-Mobile will let you use them without date however you WILL NOT receive MMS unless the BB data plan is on there.

And finally unless you have a Storm that con operate on US GSM networks unlike other Verizon world phones you can't use your device with another carrier
    12-08-08 12:46 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD