It seems that I am having a lot of memory issues with the Pearl. I am losing emails, the phone locks up a lot and there is a delay when I press the answer button on the phone and the party on the phone can hear me.

I have not yet spoken to CS. Is there any way they will let me upgrade to a Curve at a reduced price if they find the phone to be defective. If not I might be looking into getting a Curve or 8830 off Ebay or Craigslist. I need more memory.
    09-06-08 02:06 PM
    You need more memory.
    09-06-08 02:09 PM
    follow these guides...http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ ... http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/
    Last edited by pltaylor; 09-06-08 at 02:20 PM.
    09-06-08 02:14 PM
    I been having the same problems! And that's all I hear is I have low memory. Its a pain re-setting the phone every day just to get it to work again. I have gone through the memory cleansing process and I still have the same issues. Thankfully I am due for an upgrade next month so I will either be going with the curve or the motoQ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 11:11 PM
    Great information, thanks. A friend of mine at work has the Pink Pearl, and has the same problem as the OP, so I will pass this along to her on Monday.
    09-06-08 11:46 PM
    I have the same problem, have done memory optimization and have a 2 gig sd card, but still have to soft reset my phone 2 to 3 times a day to prevent losing texts, call logs, etc... Had my pearl for 6 months and wondering if I can upgrade inexpensively

09-23-08 01:14 PM
    My girlfriend had a pink pearl as well and had same issues. Problem is pearl is a piece of crap that's the bottom line. She now has the pink curve payed the 2 year price for it. Not sure what it was 107 bucks?

09-23-08 02:07 PM
    If you are losing texts, emails, call logs etc, you're doing something wrong. I've had the pearl for 10 months and never lost anything.

I use a couple thousand text a month, 30 or so emails a day and have several 3rd party programs loaded.

09-23-08 02:40 PM
    I am now on my 2nd pearl, first one just went white screen on me one day...got a replacement, most likely a refurb. First one dumpred memory often, this one has yet to do so and I have more Apps on this one. Might just depend on what you get??
    Not sure, I like the keyboard on the pearl better and its much smaller which I like...I have 4.5 which might be a helper as well...pin me if ya want, I get bored.
    09-23-08 03:10 PM
    I am now using 4.5. I am not going to delete any messages or calls and we will see what happens.

09-23-08 03:23 PM
    You will have the same problems I bet. 4.5 most likely takes up even more memory on the phone. Still up to the user to manage the memory. But if all goes well, let us know either way
    09-23-08 05:20 PM
    soft reset (battery pull for at least 30 secs) check file free under options>status, it should be at least 1 million bytes, if not hard reset, if still not working, replace the device. You can only get the same device if it is passed your 30 days. You may be eligible for a different device if you have had replaced the same device twice within 90 days for Verizon.
    09-23-08 09:50 PM
    soft reset (battery pull for at least 30 secs) check file free under options>status, it should be at least 1 million bytes, if not hard reset, if still not working, replace the device. You can only get the same device if it is passed your 30 days. You may be eligible for a different device if you have had replaced the same device twice within 90 days for Verizon.
    AH- device has 4.5, kinda voids any warranty on the device not sound advice.
    09-23-08 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD