so within the last 60 days I upgraded to the Pearl 8130 (love the keyboard) but now Verizon is carrying the flip version. I've been having some software issues (minor enough, but gradually getting more annoying) and since I have insurance I was thinking about taking it in. But am I going to get screwed and have to get the flip version?
    07-05-09 05:04 PM
    It's funny you ask this question because something like that happened to me once when I had the treo 700w. When that broke I made a claim and they told me that the treo 700w was discountinued and that I would be recieving the Treo 700wx which was the upgrade. Now in your situation if asurion (verizon wireless phone insurance provider) has any more pearl's 8130 they will be sending you that. Now if they don't have it and you end up paying a deductible they will probably offer you the pearl flip. If it's a direct exchange with no deductible paid they will more than likely send you a refurbished Pearl 8130. The best thing to do is to go to the store and if they see it as not physically damaged and a manufacturer defect they will more than likely give you a refurbished 8130. Hope this helps.
    07-05-09 05:15 PM
    No they should still have refurbished peals I'm on my third after the pearl was taken off the web site

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 05:17 PM
    Verizon will have a large stock of refurbished Pearls to replace your phone with. They keep tons of stock of older phones. I saw a guy replace a phone that was discontinued with Verizon 2 years ago just yesterday in a store.
    07-05-09 05:44 PM
    Asurion has hundreds of phones in stock that are EOL (end of life). More than likely if you needed to file a claim you would receive the same make and model phone. Your issue does not sound like an insurance issue however. Software issues are handled through the manufacturer's warranty which Verizon Wireless handles directly. You would only go through the insurance if the phone has been lost, stolen, or damaged in some way.
    07-05-09 08:06 PM
    If your phone is under its one year warranty and its a software issue, I'd take it to verizon first, have them look at it. If they can't help you, they will offer to swap it, at which point you should ask if you will be getting a pearl or a pearl flip. Hopefully, they'll still have refurbished pearls available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 10:21 PM