I have the pearl right now and i really like but i get to renew my contract in january and with my new every two program i would be able to get a curve for free basically and i was just wondering what phone is better or if anyone has had any experiences with both.
    08-09-08 01:20 AM
    It all depends whether you're comfortable with a qwerty suretype keyboard on the Pearl or the full qwerty keyboard on the Curve. No one can really make a choice for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 01:44 AM
    Is the suretype and the full qwerty the only major difference
    08-09-08 02:08 AM
    By then new BBs will be out. The 9530 will be out in a couple of months.
    08-09-08 02:43 AM
    I had pearl and switched to a curve. Its all around better if you ask me. Full KB, bigger screen, and more memory. That's what makes it better. The rest is the same. If you make the switch you will be happy.

Truth is like JRSC said, there will be other choices by January.

08-09-08 02:57 AM
    My NE2 is up in October and I desperately can't wait to join the BB fraternity.
    08-09-08 08:50 AM
    Def the Curve or one of the new ones!
    08-09-08 08:53 AM
    Yes new BB's will coming no release dates yet. But the main differences in the two phones are:

1. Keyboard - sure type (pearl), full QWERTY (Curve).

2. Size

3. Memory the Curve has more. More is better
    08-09-08 09:10 AM
    I have both, and like has been said before it's really about what you want to use it for.

The function of both is the same -- same reliability, stability, email services and calendaring, etc.

Pearl is small and light, easy to carry when traveling light, screen is smaller but very usable. Sure-type keyboard takes some getting used to.

Curve keyboard is much easier and faster. Biggest advantage is 50% more memory, so you aren't always managing memory or on the brink -- for those of us who are software / application junkies. It's bigger for your pocket or your purse or your case.

You won't go wrong with either, they just each have their own advantages. And like said before, by the time January rolls around there may well be even more options (one of which may be waiting to see when they'll really be released).
    08-09-08 09:13 AM
    I have owned both and went back to the pearl. Reasoning- I am a social user with the occasional email, nothing heavy. I text, use he web and calendar primarily. The curve was nice but I am faster for some reason on the pearl and the suretype. Also the smaller size work well for me. The curve was great, I just liked the pearl more.

Either way it's win-win, they are both great pieces of equipment. Kind of like either having to have a filet mignon, or a lobster dinner at some nice restaurant. Either way you pick you are gonna have a great meal.
    08-09-08 11:46 AM
    Kind of like either having to have a filet mignon, or a lobster dinner at some nice restaurant. Either way you pick you are gonna have a great meal.
    Why not have both? Surf and Turf baby.
    08-09-08 12:24 PM
    Get the curve!!!
    08-09-08 12:32 PM
    personally i like the curve and the qwerty keyboard a lot better.
    08-09-08 12:32 PM
    A lot of people will say Curve and I actually want a bigger screen and more memory myself BUT I do think I have adapted to the keyboard AND I love that I can spell difficult words quite easily!

When responses are being viewed by critical eyes, it is certainly helpful and my FAVORITE feature!!!

Just wish it was a teeny bit bigger!

Last edited by Bramsy; 08-09-08 at 04:46 PM.
    08-09-08 04:27 PM
    I had the pearl then jumped to the 8830WE, with that being said, I loved the pearl and got used to the 8830 being much larger. Now it doesn't even feel that bulky, the curve is slightly smaller.. But from what I have noticed, the curve feels too flimsy compared to the pearl and 8830 for me.. I don't have an extreme amount of time playing with the curve, but that's my opinion.. I say run into a store and play with their display models for a bit... That's the only way your going to find out... We can't decide for you.. Either way, can't go wrong with a BB...

Brandon

08-09-08 04:38 PM
    Thanks guys I'll have to wait and see what the new models are that are coming out then I'll make my decision.
    08-10-08 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD