04-13-08 07:50 PM
48 12
tools
    Kate I take it your with verizon?

i just got the pearl in november, but i'll be getting the curve as soon as it arrives...

aka may :]
    03-18-08 10:26 PM
    Cate...with a C sorry
    Kate I take it your with verizon?
    03-18-08 10:26 PM
    I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one waiting for the curve on verizon. I looked at the pear and I'm not feeling it at all I checked out the curve at a At&T store and if verizon doesn't have the curve buy May I'm gone. Go with the curve!
    03-21-08 01:05 PM
    I switched from the Pearl to the Curve and haven't looked back since. I was like you and didn't text or email much from my Pearl. But then I got the Curve-I LOVE the full keyboard and can't get enough.
    03-21-08 01:10 PM
    I personally love my Pearl, but then again the small form factor was a big selling point. And while SureType takes a day or two to get used to, I picked it up and quick and love it. If you want something now and want to stay with Verizon get the Pearl. If you hate it, return it within 30 days for something else.
    03-21-08 01:13 PM
    wait for the curve.
    03-21-08 01:14 PM
    I like my pearl its great but I am going to switch to curve once verizon gets it. I like having a qwerty keybaord better even though i am used to suretype already. Both are great phones to be honest its just preference if you want full keyboard or not or a small form factor or not.
    03-21-08 04:58 PM
    Okay I've been studying my user habits with my current LG phone.

My primary usage is straight phone time, probably 75%.
    The balance is Internet which would include reading my e-mail. I don't find much of a need to respond too often.
    And of course there are the 5-10 text messages per day.

I assume if I could type easier then I would potentially increase the e-mails and texts, but not significantly.

Size and feature wise I'm actually leaning Pearl. My contract is already up, but I probably won't purchase until late April. Just too busy at the office.
    03-21-08 06:04 PM
    Why won't they just take the 8830 and put a camera in it. I assume that is why every single one of us is waiting for the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-08 10:02 PM
    Why won't they just take the 8830 and put a camera in it. I assume that is why every single one of us is waiting for the curve.

That is a huge part. Also not fond of the 8830 keyboard and it's a little bigger than the curve
    03-21-08 10:14 PM
    That is a huge part. Also not fond of the 8830 keyboard and it's a little bigger than the curve
    agreed on the KB, the keys feel "better" when you press them but they're a little too small...the curve's keys are prefect (for me).

I returned my 8830 today, I'm back on my LG 8100 until the Curve makes it's way to VZW.
    03-22-08 08:13 PM
    Try both of them out at a retailer. I used to like the Pearl but when I held both of them in my hands, I fell in love with the Curve more.

Beyond the aesthetics, I also tried texting and the Curve won. Much easier in my opinion.

03-22-08 08:32 PM
    My 30 days are about up on my pearl, so cut the box and sent in the rebate today, maybe the the curve will be released and all the bugs will be out in a year. Till then, it's pearl city. Easiest decision I've made in quite some time.

03-22-08 10:17 PM
    well, just signed up here at crackberry and I see the main question I wanted answered has been answered... sort of. My 'new every two' date with V comes up this weekend. I really want a BB and had decided on the pearl. Now I see that the curve will come out 'someday' at V. I'm willing to wait a month or two, but hate to wait without knowing the release date for sure.

Probably just take my chances and return the pearl if curve releases in the next 30 days.

Any idea what the curve will retail for with or without the 'new every two' discount?
    03-24-08 01:11 PM
    I stopped by my verizon store this evening. I was told that their "data guy" told them the curve would be there Apr 24th'ish. Take it for what it's worth, but I'll hold out till them and see if it's just a pipe dream.
    03-24-08 06:29 PM
    If one were to get a Pearl now or before the Curve came out, then exchange it for the Curve, how much of a price difference would there be? I'm in the boat where I really can't decide which one I want, but I'll likely be trying to get in to get my new phone on Tuesday. I don't want to pay a ton extra or it's not even worth it.
    04-12-08 05:24 PM
    it will be the difference of the cost of the pearl - the cost of the curve when released. at time of purchase....
    04-12-08 09:54 PM
    Wait for the curve

04-12-08 10:27 PM
    it will be the difference of the cost of the pearl - the cost of the curve when released. at time of purchase....
    Naturally. I assumed so, but I'll need to find out what that difference is...unless anyone knows off the top of their head.
    04-12-08 11:08 PM
    I guess I'm one of the rare breed because I tried the Curve and it really didn't feel right in my hand and believe it or not, I didn't care for the keyboard. I went out and got the 8830 (don't need a camera) and I've been in heaven ever since. I get quite a few emails (25-75 daily) and it really come through.
    04-13-08 02:14 AM
    Wait for the Curve to be released. It will be avaliable on April 30th. Check it out on Phone Arena - cell phone reviews, news and specs
    04-13-08 07:46 PM
    Just got off the phone with vzw data support. my 8130 had no sound from the speaker while in calls. After dives wipe it is working fine now I questioned him on the Curve, he said late May early June...
    04-13-08 07:49 PM
    No camera on the 88xx series because it is made for corporate users and corporations dont want that stuff on devices they give their employees.
    04-13-08 07:50 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD