Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has switched from Sprint to Verizon or Verizon to sprint using their new Blackberry Peal 8130? My initial thought is that this should be a pretty seamless transition. But am not sure if Verizon would be welcome to idea or if I need to get the phone unlocked. Would I have to get Vcast software and all? I've heard the Sprint apps and browser are much better than those from Verizon. If you could help clear this up for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

-Brett
    07-01-08 02:22 PM
    You need a new phone, unless it is unlocked me thinks. Plus if you ask to activate it, they probably say "NO" to equipment without their name on it. I might be wrong.
    07-01-08 02:30 PM
    Verizon will not, I repeat will not activate you Sprint phone on their system. There was talk about "bring your own phone " at verizon about 6 months ago, but nothing has become of it to date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 02:45 PM
    There is no vcast for the pearl anyways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 03:16 PM
    Call customer service and ask them to add the ESN to their system. I've heard of a couple of people getting it done.
    07-01-08 03:26 PM
    Call customer service and ask them to add the ESN to their system. I've heard of a couple of people getting it done.
    07-01-08 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD