I do 100% of my bill paying on the VZW website. I am thinking of paying enough to cover my bill for a year. Does anyone know if the website will let this happen, or does the VZW bill pay have a limit on what you can pay on line.
    05-22-09 07:56 AM
    I know this can be done, but I do not think the system will accept that much. I will defer to another that knows the exact time frame that can be used
    05-22-09 07:57 AM
    I think you would be best calling Verizon themselves to ensure that this is allowed.

Personally I would think that would work, but I dont know if the internet would accept the payment
    05-22-09 07:57 AM
    I think you would be best calling Verizon themselves to ensure that this is allowed.

Personally I would think that would work, but I dont know if the internet would accept the payment
    I know for fact that this is allowed, just not sure how much is allowed.
    05-22-09 08:31 AM
    If you want to pay a year in advance, just send them a check with your monthly remittance stub.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 08:59 AM
    Better yet you can mail e the money and I will see that I get 50% for me, 40% for Dad and 10% will go to your bill
    05-22-09 09:13 AM
    Just curious, if you don't mind sharing, can I ask why you would want to?
    05-22-09 11:24 AM
    I believe you can pay up to $5000.
    05-22-09 12:04 PM
    I always pay over (if it is $85 I round to $100), just not sure how much above you can go. Give it a try and let us know. I've thought about doing that as well.. just one less bill to misplace or forget by accident (even though they have auto-bill)
    05-22-09 12:13 PM
    I always pay over (if it is $85 I round to $100)
    I would love to see an $85 bill.

05-22-09 01:34 PM
    Should be able to pay up to $10,000 in advance via customer care.
    05-22-09 03:28 PM
    Better yet you can mail e the money and I will see that I get 50% for me, 40% for Dad and 10% will go to your bill
    The check is in the mail!

Just curious, if you don't mind sharing, can I ask why you would want to?
    I don't mind. There are some bills I like to pay a year in advance. Just make it easy on me.

I believe you can pay up to $5000.
    Should be able to pay up to $10,000 in advance via customer care.
    Thanks both, I am doing this on my air-card account, so it will only be just over $700. But I have been thinking of also doing it on both accounts as well.
    05-22-09 04:33 PM
    Ok, maybe its me, but why would you want to over pay on a month to month bill? The last thing i want to do is let someone else float my cash..but like I said,, thats me....
    05-22-09 04:37 PM
    I over paid my rent by three months once because I was sick of worrying about it. So I got a bonus, paid it. It actually seems to make time go by slower because when you have monthly payment time seems to fly by. Too many months and not enough money.
    05-22-09 05:45 PM
    Just do automatic bill pay using your bank
    s website with a set amount that's more than your bill or even let Vzn autodeduct it from your account each month for the exact amount. If you pay a year in advance and need to cancel you may have trouble getting money back.
    05-22-09 06:14 PM
    I over paid my rent by three months once because I was sick of worrying about it. So I got a bonus, paid it. It actually seems to make time go by slower because when you have monthly payment time seems to fly by. Too many months and not enough money.
    No fiscal discipline, eh?
    s website with a set amount that's more than your bill.
    Great idea - but about the same as a check in the mail.
    or even let Vzn autodeduct it from your account each month for the exact amount..
    I never liked the idea of giving anyone auto-draft authorization on my accounts. You have no recourse & subject yourself to their errors. A company like VZW or AT&T will eventually fix it, but you might be hit hard enough to end up in Weekendbum's shoes with rent.
    If you pay a year in advance and need to cancel you may have trouble getting money back.
    Not really trouble - you just might have to wait one to two billing cycles, then more for check processing. If you're tight on rent, like Weekendbum, this could be a problem.

05-22-09 06:27 PM

...VZW or AT&T will eventually fix it, but you might be hit hard enough to end up in Weekendbum's shoes with rent.

...If you're tight on rent, like Weekendbum, this could be a problem.

LMAO, I sense this could be an ongoing joke for a while...
    05-22-09 06:58 PM

I never liked the idea of giving anyone auto-draft authorization on my accounts. You have no recourse & subject yourself to their errors. A company like VZW or AT&T will eventually fix it, but you might be hit hard enough to end up in Weekendbum's shoes with rent.

Not really trouble - you just might have to wait one to two billing cycles, then more for check processing. If you're tight on rent, like Weekendbum, this could be a problem.

I just need a bailout you know how it is
    05-22-09 07:06 PM
    Ok, maybe its me, but why would you want to over pay on a month to month bill?
    If I have the money, for me as busy as I am, I would just rather pay it in one lump sum so I don' thave to worry about it. It is just the way I am

s website with a set amount that's more than your bill or even let Vzn autodeduct it from your account each month for the exact amount. If you pay a year in advance and need to cancel you may have trouble getting money back.
    I hate automatic bill pay, I want to be in control of when I pay and how much. Plus, I don't ever seeing me leave Verizon. I have 5 phones and an air-card, it would cost me an arm and a leg in ETF and new equipment on another carrier.
    05-22-09 08:58 PM
    hey I kind of agree with your points on not having to worry about it. I personally would have to set something on my calendar to remember when it was due again though for sure..
    05-22-09 10:14 PM
    I don't mind. There are some bills I like to pay a year in advance. Just make it easy on me.
    Thanks for the response.
    I can understand how this would make things easy on you; to each to his own.
    Personally, I'd rather have my money working for me, rather than give it to VZW before they've earned it. I realize these days my money might not work as hard, but as Edith Bunker once said, "Watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves."
    05-23-09 03:09 PM
    Strangely enough, I recall hearing that it depends on the payment type. I think if you pay cash, you can pay as much as you want. Credit or check they don't allow you to do more than triple your due amount because of something with the banks thinking you entered the incorrect amount. I don't know for sure.
    05-30-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD