I just downloaded pandora and found an outstanding station, my question is I have unlimited data, am I good with streaming audio or will I be hit with an additional charge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 07:20 AM
    your good with the unlimited package
    08-27-09 07:22 AM
    Sweet, thank you, it is nice to find a radio that keeps working in extended network

08-27-09 07:38 AM
    As long as you don't tether, or up/down streaming music or video 24 hrs a day...... You are good. Correct me if I am wrong guys but pandora is not streaming by definition in that its not a continuous data flow........

But anyhow as long as your data usage is coming from your device and not tethering, you are good to go

08-27-09 08:19 AM
    As I understand it, it's streaming. Audio and video not downloaded is streaming.
    08-27-09 09:34 AM
    I could be mistaken....
    But I believe that its not a constant stream. The song loads ahead of time and then the player plays it........ That's why you don't lose music the second you go out of service...... At least I don't......

Regardless, slacker/pandora/iheartradio are NOT a violation of VZW TOS and will not result in additional charges to an unlimited days plan

08-27-09 10:32 AM
    That's data plan...... Damn SureType

08-27-09 10:38 AM
    Sweet! I heart always buffer pandora kicks ****

08-27-09 07:23 PM
    The only problem, from what I have read, is that there is a cap on how many hours you can listen to pandora a month. Can anyone verify that such a cap exist with this app.
    08-27-09 07:29 PM
    The only problem, from what I have read, is that there is a cap on how many hours you can listen to pandora a month. Can anyone verify that such a cap exist with this app.
    If there is a cap, it is within the app - I've not found any actual cap, but I do see a lot of Internet chatter about one that supposedly exists.

I know there are many here who use these apps a lot more than I do, but I've not heard anything about restrictions from anyone here.

I did accidentally leave Slacker running on a cradled BlackBerry while I was gone for 10 days - it was playing when I came home. No data bills & it kept playing.
    08-27-09 08:49 PM
    Where have you read that? No such cap that I have ever heard of.... I know that I listen to slacker a LOT......no cap on it

08-27-09 08:50 PM
    There is NO cap on your phone itself. Enjoy your music.
    08-27-09 10:49 PM
    with any bb by itself its unlimited so you're set... been thinking about DL'in Pandora myself... what exactly is it? Like your own radio station?
    08-27-09 10:53 PM
    more like satellite radio... thats the comparison I would make... can't speak for Pandora but Slacker has given me no reason to look elsewhere.....
    08-27-09 10:56 PM
    Pandora limits you to 40 hours a month for free. After that its $1-$5 or something for the rest of the month. Still the best option to me.

08-27-09 11:44 PM
    hmm... i see... either way that's not bad at all
    08-27-09 11:49 PM
    That sucks..... Glad that slacker doesn't do that

08-28-09 12:00 AM
    I use over 40 hrs a month and no fee...
    08-28-09 12:05 AM
    First Google result for "padora radio 40 hours"
    Pandora Radio to Impose 40 Hour-Per-Month Limit
    In the wake of pricy royalty rates set back in 2007, Pandora Radio has finally come to an agreement with the RIAA. Pandora has signed over 25% of their income to music licensing firms.
    Unfortunately, because of this loss in revenue, Pandora has had to make a difficult decision. Pandora will now be charging for a service which was once free. There are now two options available to fans of the online radio station.
    1. After 40 hours, users will have the option to pay $0.99 to continue streaming for the rest of the month.
    2. Users can sign up for a yearly subscription @ $36 per year, which offers unlimited streaming.

08-28-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD