Engadget just reported that VZW will be carrying the Palm Pre in 6 months. Any one gonna bite?
    05-28-09 11:33 AM
    I've heard a new Pre - much like the current, except with LTE radio.

It would be a good thing, as the Pre is a much better device than any current BlackBerry.

And no folks - not slammimg BlackBerry. I am simply stating facts. If you prefer BlackBerry, stay with it. But in this context, BlackBerry is akin to Toyota, while the Pre is more like a BMW. Both good, but I'll take the BMW, thank you very much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:51 AM
    I've heard a new Pre - much like the current, except with LTE radio.

It would be a good thing, as the Pre is a much better device than any current BlackBerry.

And no folks - not slammimg BlackBerry. I am simply stating facts. If you prefer BlackBerry, stay with it. But in this context, BlackBerry is akin to Toyota, while the Pre is more like a BMW. Both good, but I'll take the BMW, thank you very much.

I agree the Pre looks pretty interesting. Especially for someone like myself who doesn't even use the BlackBerry's email capabilities - I just use the gmail app! =P. That said, I'm still kind of concerned to see how support for it will pan out. And I've been quite happy with my 8830, though I am now sick of its ancient-ness. I think my next device will be the Tour. When upgrade time comes around again, the Palm webOS will have had time to establish itself (or not) and I can decide then whether to make a move.
    05-28-09 11:58 AM
    Wow I didnt see this coming. I just researched the pre and it seems sweet
    05-28-09 12:13 PM
    The pre is sweet deal and definitely has caught my eye.

On a humorous note I dreamed last night that I had gotten a pre and was walking all over the hills of MT trying to get a Sprint signal

05-28-09 12:20 PM
    I am also watching the Pre closely. I am really interested in seeing how 3rd party support will be. From what I have read the design of webOS has the potential to be really easy to develop for and will hopefully bring a lot of 3rd parties to the table.
    05-28-09 12:55 PM
    The pre is sweet deal and definitely has caught my eye.

On a humorous note I dreamed last night that I had gotten a pre and was walking all over the hills of MT trying to get a Sprint signal
    This time of year & you have the audacity to bring up the hills of Montana? Not nice.

If you actually live there, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. Well, at least until October. After that, we're on good terms again.

05-28-09 12:58 PM
    I probably won't be bringing it up next January... unless I'm on my snowmobile

05-28-09 01:10 PM
    05-28-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD