09-10-09 02:53 AM
65 123
tools
    I got a pink 8330 curve in Sept 2009, brand new. No one remembered to offer me insurance and when I noticed it on the first bill, Verizon wouldn't add it.
    Anyway, been having lots of calendar trouble and then my son dropped the phone and the screen cracked.
    So Blackberry says to see Verizon which I did. For $50 they gave me a silver phone with half black keys and a small crack under the screen.
    This to me is unacceptable. My phone was perfect except for the crack and calendar issues. I just want a new phone. If I was gonna buy used I would go online and upgrade.
    The Verizon reps at the store just wanted to close for the night. They couldn't even tell me how to work certain features and the rep had a curve too!!
    What is my next step? My contract ends Sept 1st and I may go back to Sprint.
    Thank you.
    08-21-09 10:03 AM
    Next step is to switch to other company. VZW is known for this kind of shyte.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 10:05 AM
    Go to another company. Preferably at&t
    08-21-09 10:12 AM
    *cough*
    I'm not going to go protecting verizon but it sounds like the store you were in was the issue.
    Sorry you got a phone that wasnt correct and had usage damage to it. You need to contact tech or ccare and have another sent to you. Correct color and most likely with no cosmetic issues.
    I've NEVER had a warrenty replacement phone with cosmetic damage and I very RARELY get callback complaints about it. Its not a common practice at Verizon.
    Tech or another store should bend over backward to make it right.

Although if you want to switch.. thats your choice. I dont think you will have a better experiance.
    08-21-09 10:13 AM
    Did you get this replaced instore? Was it a corporate store cuz I know that some indirect agents will sell used phones and this might be one of those... I have heard of supposedly used markings on clnr's but in all my personal replacements, I have not had 1 phone look remotely used they all had the plastic and were perfect. So call vzw and see what they can do
    08-21-09 10:16 AM
    Can't you take it back to the store and tell them you dont want it? If nothing else, get your money back and go to a different verizon store.
    08-21-09 10:37 AM
    Did you not look at the phone when you got it in store? Buy a car and it's wrecked but complain later - don't see the point?

Just take the phone back and demand they give you a phone that is a CLNR.The $50 is a "fru fee".
    08-21-09 11:26 AM
    The screen was cracked before you left the store? Did the vzw employee know this? If so, that is truly upsetting.

You need to go right back to the store and demand a curve that is in good condition. I hope it hasn't been long that this happen or they may try to say it became broken after you left. If that's what happens, ask to speak to the manager. Don't leave without a good curve.
    08-21-09 09:21 PM
    Hey thanks everyone for your replies. You are ALL right!
    Yes, I did see the "crack" or as they called it, "piece of loose plastic under the screen and said it was no big deal".
    I suppose at that point (I had been in the store an hour) and my Gallstones were acting up, I just took the d*mn phone and left.
    But after I slept on it, I marched right back in to the Verizon store by my home and said:
    "I didn't spend $179.00 on a brand new pink Curve 8 months ago to have it replaced with this piece of garbage. I want a new pink Curve and if you can't get it for me I'm sure one of thr carriers I switch to in a couple months will. I also said I would file a complaint every place possible including the TV station I work for who loves to do those stories on consumers who have been screwed by stupid company policies.l also said the I called Blackberry (which I did looking for an authorized repair shop) and they said to go to Verizon and get a new replacement."
    So long story short, the new pink Curve is on it's way and will arrive by FedEx next week.
    Over the years I have had companies try to give me flack by not simply making things right and have learned sometimes he/she who barks the loudests wins.
    FYI, the 2nd guy I saw at Verizon was the incompetent sales person who DID NOT offer me the insurance in the first place. By the time I noticed it 20 days had passed and Verizon would NOT go back and let me add it. I had Sprint for 15 years and never owned a phone without insurance.
    I know he remebered me because I have been in that store many times and always brought that up so it was in my file.
    So in the end,Verizon did me right. I was honest and told them the scratch part(on the original Curve) was my fault and would gladly pay to fix it but the other issues were no fault of mine.
    I'm not gonna bash Verizon because they made things right and I'm grateful.
    I would let it serve as a lesson to anyone with issues with a warrantied phone to never give up until your carrier makes things right.
    Oh, and never, ever drop or scratch your phone-lol.
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I took all of it and did what I could.
    Now if I could just find a really good cover that would keep debris out of the keyboard.
    Thanks again!!!
    08-22-09 08:26 AM
    Next step is to switch to other company. VZW is known for this kind of shyte.

Are you kidding me? Verizons replacements are "like new" i would bet the OP went to an authorized retailer/indirect agent of Verizon.
    08-22-09 05:29 PM
    @ eg146

Well Im glad you were finally taken care of, next time dont let them get away with that crap. My wife is sort of the same way, she doesnt like confrontation and often doesnt get the resolution she desires. If you let people walk over you and get away with that sort of behavior they will certainly not hesitate to treat you like dung. If youre tired and dont feel like doing battle next time, bring your bfriend, brother or whoever. Heck I would come down with you and go to war.

Verizon is usually very good about taking care of their customers, dont let the haters out there deter you from sticking with the best cellular service provider.
    08-22-09 07:38 PM
    I'm glad you got the issue resolved but imo it was your responsibility to make sure you put insurance on the phone just like its your responsibility to make sure your car is insured, you have health insurance, etc. If you had it on all your other phones, you should have thought to put it on the curve. If you had no insurance and you cracked the screen, technically they could have told you to f off.

Now that I have that off my chest, I feel the need to tell you the pink curve rocks and I'm glad you didn't get stuck with a silver one!
    08-22-09 11:34 PM
    Im sorry to disagree but you CRACKED the screen umm hello why would verzion just offer you a new phone you damaged it and any CORPORATE store of verizons has like a million things about asurion"the insurance" all over their store so whos fault is it the insurance wasnt added.if your going to a small store like "wireless zone" or "cellular plus" or anything like that you do that at your own risk.you should really call yourself luck for them offering you anything other than a phone at full retail.its not Verizon's fault you cracked your screen
    08-23-09 02:39 AM
    just thought i would add a quick note...pretty sure they sent you another refurb just in pink
    08-23-09 02:41 AM
    So, I'm trying to figure this out.

You have "always" had insurance on your phones, but didn't see it necessary to make sure you had it on your blackberry? (though I do agree the store rep should have offered it)
    But then after you damaged your phone, you thought Verizon should still replace it even though you had no insurance and you voided your warranty.

But somehow you were able to march into the store with a damaged phone, no insurance, and they replaced it for $50? I mean, even if the replacement was a little worn, $50 is a good deal for a Curve, especially in this situation. Then they replaced it AGAIN after you weren't satisfied with the undeserved original replacement.

You said "I also said I would file a complaint every place possible including the TV station I work for who loves to do those stories on consumers who have been screwed by stupid company policies," yet, there was absolutely no reason Verizon should have felt the need to replace the phone.

What I see here is Verizon going way out of their way to please a customer who was pretty much completely at fault.

There should be no complaints here, and the OPs original post should go in the "Things that customers say that just make us laugh???" section..
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 08-23-09 at 05:49 AM.
    08-23-09 05:41 AM
    I don't know what store the OP was in, but with me, he who barks the loudest gets only what I am absolutely obligated to give him. He who is reasonable and polite gets my best effort to find a solution to his problem, even when I have to think outside the box. Yelling and threats are a great way to make sure you're not the person I make an exception to the rule for.
    08-23-09 08:21 AM
    i definately agree. i'm always more apt to try and help someone and go out of my way to get something done and make the cust happy if they really try (and deserve it), and treat me well, than scream and throw a fit.
    08-23-09 12:17 PM
    +1
    ditto!
    08-23-09 02:36 PM
    After reading the OP's post, all I could think was WOW! I don't know where it's written that it's customer services responsibility to offer one insurance. From the onset, the OP has pretty much pointed the finger to Verizon being at fault when actually, IMO, they did nothing wrong.

I'm with Sprint and have been for a very long time. I can assure you that 15 years ago, they also were NOT asking customers if they wanted to add insurance! Most times you had to ask for it yourself.
    09-04-09 10:28 AM
    Just to let you know.. there is open enrollment right now for any devices less than 24 months old to add insurance. Even if you're past the 30 day window.

Just sayin'
    09-06-09 03:30 PM
    Just to let you know.. there is open enrollment right now for any devices less than 24 months old to add insurance. Even if you're past the 30 day window.

Just sayin'
    That is only for the netbook.
    09-06-09 05:52 PM
    They were allowing an exception by allowing you to get a warranty replacement because your phone had physical damage. That's what a Verizon rep told me.

09-06-09 06:57 PM
    That is only for the netbook.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, thanks for trying though.
    09-06-09 07:20 PM

Just sayin'
    Hmmmmm - sounds like some quotas aren't being met.

Slow economy, a political climate that has a lot of people worried, the rest pissed off, and what do you get? Consumers less willing to throw money around.

First things that get dropped are the expenditures that don't pay off.

09-06-09 10:40 PM
    I love people who say I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW PHN, everyone buys a brand new phone. if you bought a new car and blew the engine 8 months later do you really think they would give a new car back????
    09-07-09 08:22 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD