I own a Curve and a Storm on VZ. If I want to use the Curve for a while and the Storm for a while, what is involved in switching back and forth. Can I do this over the telephone with VZ customer assistance or do I have to go into a VZ store. What is involved, is it something that can be done quickly or is it involved in changing a lot of settings etc. I am not changing plans or anything just switching phones every now and then.
    01-03-09 12:15 AM
    I am pretty sure you can just call *228 and switch to a different BB phone, it will give you the option to use an old phone or something like that, and just select that and it will re-activate the old one.
    01-03-09 01:21 AM
    its really easy to do online at the my account portion of the site. takes like 2 min
    01-03-09 02:01 AM
    its really easy to do online at the my account portion of the site. takes like 2 min
    anto is correct, you can do it online at www.verizonwireless.com all you have to do is change ESN numbers, and your service will switch from one phone to the other, as long as your going from 1 BB to another (data plan involved)

I have a friend who does this often when he goes camping and doesn't want to risk damaging his newest phone, so he switches to an older phone he has for the weekend.
    01-03-09 02:07 AM
    Just a note though that you have to update both the ESN change AND the PIN on BIS blackberry.com/go/vzw Changing the ENS does not automatically reroute the BB data.

Oh, and I strongly advise against doing this in the store as they charge you $20. Do it online or if you aren't comfortable with that call CS from a different phone and they will do it for free.
    Last edited by VZWRocka; 01-03-09 at 02:33 AM.
    01-03-09 02:21 AM
    I do this all the time on line as I have both a curve and Storm. I switch the ESN at https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=myyb2RVA and then I go to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en to change the PIN and resend the service books to the phone I just switched to.
    01-03-09 04:50 AM
    Thanks so much, VZ did it over the phone and it was quick and easy.
    01-03-09 01:04 PM
    If you do this and you're connected to a BES, do you have to reactivate each time? If so, I imagine my IT department would go nuts ...
    01-03-09 02:58 PM
    I am pretty sure you can just call *228 and switch to a different BB phone, it will give you the option to use an old phone or something like that, and just select that and it will re-activate the old one.
    This is the fastest way. Dial *228 from the phone you want to switch to. Select option 3. Note that the phone that you switch to has to have been activate on the vzw network before (and not new from the store).

If you are selling a phone to a friend (or on criaglist :-) ), you can offer instant activation for an extra $5 using this method.
    01-05-09 03:51 PM
    What if you want to switch to a dumbphone with mobile tv?
    01-05-09 07:58 PM
    Just a note though that you have to update both the ESN change AND the PIN on BIS blackberry.com/go/vzw Changing the ENS does not automatically reroute the BB data.

Oh, and I strongly advise against doing this in the store as they charge you $20. Do it online or if you aren't comfortable with that call CS from a different phone and they will do it for free.
    You "Rocka" thanks for adding that important info!
    01-05-09 08:15 PM
    I always did *228
    01-05-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD