Just got a sms from Verizon warning of potential "excess" data charges. I was travelling in Europe and used the Browser a lot. What would it mean in terms of $$ to exceed my "unlimited" data plan limits?
    TIA for any info
    07-14-09 09:56 PM
    You already have a unlimited data plan, verizon requires it(I believe). It wont do you any good in europem have you checked your bill? It could be HUGE.
    07-14-09 09:59 PM
    Exactly. Unless you were on a global data package, you may be in for a bit of a surprise.
    Also, the charges are valid.
    07-14-09 10:00 PM
    If you were on the unlimited global data plan, then you shouldn't have any worries,

If you are on the pay as you go global data, then it is $.02/KB.
    07-14-09 10:02 PM
    You better call before your bill cycle closes or you'll be in for a nice surprise.
    07-14-09 11:34 PM
    Sounds like someone is approaching their credit limit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 02:40 AM
    You better call before your bill cycle closes or you'll be in for a nice surprise.
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    07-15-09 08:14 AM
    Yeah give them a call are you on the unlimited 64.99$ global plan?
    07-15-09 08:17 AM
    You already have a unlimited data plan, verizon requires it(I believe). It wont do you any good in europem have you checked your bill? It could be HUGE.
    Unlimited in the U.S. is completely different that unlimited outside of the U.S. In most places that you can travel you are offered some form of plan for usage of email and web. However, not all are unlimited.
    07-15-09 08:19 AM
    Yeah give them a call are you on the unlimited 64.99$ global plan?
    Yes I was on the unlimited $69.99 global data plan. BTW I called VZW and they agreed that the data plan is unlimited and therefore I shouldn't worry. I didn't come close to the limit in terms of phone call or messages.
    Still worried though. Or maybe I should just take their word for it?
    07-15-09 01:38 PM
    If you called in and a vzw rep told you not to worry about it then I wouldn't. The calls are all recorded and you can always refer to the call you made.
    07-15-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD