09-02-13 08:39 PM
    Wouldn't have made a lick of difference anyway..

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 09:15 PM
    No money left to buy wind . 135 Billion Voda
    00stryder likes this.
    09-02-13 10:29 PM
    Why did the major carriers put up such a big stink and spend millions of dollars on radio and TV commercials if Verizon had no intention of coming to Canada? Someone is full of it or 3 major corporations are run by complete morons. Perhaps both.

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy and BBRYed like this.
    09-02-13 11:41 PM
    Some people were hoping we would get better rates and/or service because of it, so much for that idea.
    09-02-13 11:52 PM
    Why did the major carriers put up such a big stink and spend millions of dollars on radio and TV commercials if Verizon had no intention of coming to Canada? Someone is full of it or 3 major corporations are run by complete morons. Perhaps both.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure the big three in Canada spent far less on those commercials than you might think - they own a load of TV channels. The fees were a small internal transfer on the balance sheet.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 12:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad. No better rates for them. Put up a big stink over it. Canada and its oligopoly.

Poetry in Motion
    09-04-13 12:56 AM
    I'm glad. No better rates for them. Put up a big stink over it. Canada and its oligopoly.

Poetry in Motion
    ...applies to wireless carriers everywhere. Not just Canada.
    09-04-13 11:15 AM
    Verizon wouldn't even have had to lower their rates but the big 3 would have had to in order to keep customers that are fed up with them from jumping.
    09-04-13 11:19 AM
    I'm sure the big three in Canada spent far less on those commercials than you might think - they own a load of TV channels. The fees were a small internal transfer on the balance sheet.

Posted via CB10
    You missed my point. It was not about the cost. It is about their reaction. A reaction which, apparently, was a tad overzealous.
    In the long run, the consumer still pays for the wasted advertising. The carrier won't eat the cost.
    09-04-13 11:26 AM