06-19-09 03:18 AM
27 12
tools
    Verizon has the 8830 Red listed as Out of Stock on it's website. Has this meant anything in the past? Say...discontinued?
    05-20-09 07:53 PM
    Sounds to me like it is out of stock
    05-20-09 07:55 PM
    Lol..

They're just either low or completely out of stock at the warehouse for the moment. There are no plans to discontinue the 8830 at this time (as far as I'm aware).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:11 PM
    It's end of life. Further evidence that the Tour is coming soon. I'm guessing the silver one will follow soon.
    05-20-09 10:01 PM
    They've both been end of life since March.
    05-21-09 07:26 PM
    It is in stock when I checked the Verizon online page today.

05-21-09 07:36 PM
    No kidding.. I should've said, "I'll believe it when I see it." In regards to killing the 8830.

They'll probably end it w/ the Tour.

05-21-09 09:19 PM
    theres a reason they did the major blackberry bogo sale guys....

pearls to pearl flips...

there cleaning stock to get new devices in...
    05-21-09 10:12 PM
    No doubt. I hope that the pearl is replaced with the pearl flip, curve with the new 8930, the 8830 with the Tour, and the Storm with the Odin. That would be awesome.

05-22-09 01:14 AM
    Now Red isn't even on their website anymore. Also the non-flip Pearl is sold "while supplies last". Changes, they are a comin.
    06-10-09 05:10 PM
    Yes there is a change coming.

Like a roadside bill board

"10" more ****.
    06-10-09 05:14 PM
    Verizon has the 8830 Red listed as Out of Stock on it's website. Has this meant anything in the past? Say...discontinued?
    The 8830 has long been due for it's end of llife. We haven't had the red in for longer than I remember.
    06-10-09 05:44 PM
    I just want the tour already. I would get the 8330, but a friend of mine has the 8900, and I can't stand not having the best. lol
    06-10-09 05:49 PM
    Everyone wants the Niagara/Tour. They have all forgotten the initial (and continuing) bugs in the Storm.

I can see it now - a month after the thing is released - a new wave of I HATE VZW FOR RELEASING THIS POS BEFORE IT WAS READY!!!

Don't forget - you heard it here first.

06-10-09 06:43 PM
    I have thought this, but never posted it
    06-10-09 07:10 PM
    Funny twins! And you work for verizxon correct? You poor guys must dread new releases!

Hope they roll them out slowly so you're not killed!!

Do you get hands on play time to get acquainted with them first and so you can anticipate questions/problems?

06-10-09 08:05 PM
    Everyone wants the Niagara/Tour. They have all forgotten the initial (and continuing) bugs in the Storm.

I can see it now - a month after the thing is released - a new wave of I HATE VZW FOR RELEASING THIS POS BEFORE IT WAS READY!!!

Don't forget - you heard it here first.

the bold was the only other device with launch issues from rim.. and that was before it even came here to the usa..

the tour has a more solid os currently then even the newest storm os...

you will not see the same issues nor even close to the same issues as we did with the storm..

remember you heard that here first
    06-10-09 08:09 PM
    the tour has a more solid os currently then even the newest storm os...
    So it'll be released with 4.5?

Trust me - this thing will need a lot more work before it is considered 'solid.' It is no better than the Storm EXCEPT it doesn't have a really crappy attempt at a touchscreen.

The way it looks now, it will come standard with lag & memory issues.

And I don't work for VZW. We contract with most carriers, including wireless, POTS & long-lines.

What we need here is a set of special titles - send proof of carrier employment & get a title that says something like Verizon Wireless Rep, AT&T Wireless Rep or Sprint Hack.

06-10-09 08:30 PM

Trust me - this thing will need a lot more work before it is considered 'solid.' It is no better than the Storm EXCEPT it doesn't have a really crappy attempt at a touchscreen.

And I don't work for VZW. We contract with most carriers, including wireless, POTS & long-lines.

What we need here is a set of special titles - send proof of carrier employment & get a title that says something like Verizon Wireless Rep, AT&T Wireless Rep or Sprint Hack.

Have you used a 8900? If the Tour is anything like that thing its HUGE improvement over the Storm and has no memory issues IMO. I think the Tour has the same memory as the 8900...
    06-10-09 09:21 PM
    I do know the flip pearl will come out with OS 4.6
    06-10-09 09:25 PM

more likely 4.7.0.28 +

and is already stated that the browser well dominates the previous versions and the device is already more solid then the storm...

the bold had issues because it was the first iteration of the new OS

the storm had issues because it was a touch screen..

the bold is solid right now the tour will be similiar

5.0 is semi slated to release in the fall based on good information..
    06-10-09 09:48 PM
    Have you used a 8900? If the Tour is anything like that thing its HUGE improvement over the Storm and has no memory issues IMO. I think the Tour has the same memory as the 8900...
    Yes, the 8900 is a huge improvement - but it isn't CDMA and it is essentially a rework of a current model. The same can pretty much be said about the Bold. The Tour is all new & includes more of the consumer slant that keeps getting RIM into trouble.

We"ll see what is actually released, but the late proto-testers of the Tour I've been playing with show me more of the same garbage.

There are devices on other platforms coming that will bury the Tour & the Storm2. In fact, one is on Sprint - it is called the Pre. WinMo7 will put more distance in there. Grabbing the rear, but soon to be eating BlackBerry lunch are Symbian & Android. And RIM will never catch Apple.

Before anyone gets on me for being anti-BlackBerry, remember my heavy criticism & hatred of anything Google (including Android) & Apple (iPhone). I keep rooting for RIM to get it together, but I have seen the future of these smartphones - and RIM looks to be the Yugo of the future.

Then again, maybe I am being too hard on RIM. They excel at business-grade, limited capability devices. It is when they try to keep up with the other platforms that they have been choking. If you want a limited device, intended primarily for email & ease of enterprise control, you can't beat BlackBerry. But if you want more, everyone else seems to be soundly chewing BlackBerry up. As soon as the BlackBerry coolness factor wears off and people learn the proper care, feeding & advantages of a high-capability device, BlackBerry will go back to being the solution for mid-level managers who can't be trusted to admin their own corporate communications devices.

06-11-09 12:14 AM
    Sounds to me like it is out of stock
    how did you ever figure that one out.
    06-11-09 01:17 AM
    RIM doesn't make new Red 8830s anymore, same with the Pink 8330s, and the Pink 8130s, so once they are gone, the only thing left are the refurbs. All the asurion replacements for those models are refurbs. You can only get new ones in the standard color.
    06-12-09 03:00 AM
    RIM doesn't make new Red 8830s anymore, same with the Pink 8330s, and the Pink 8130s, so once they are gone, the only thing left are the refurbs. All the asurion replacements for those models are refurbs. You can only get new ones in the standard color.
    untrue. Pretty much all the stores in my region have the pink Curve and Pearl in stock. We got some as recently as last thursday.
    06-12-09 11:49 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD