I was in today activating my Pearl CLNR and they had a clearance rack with 2Otterboxes for the pearl on it for 4.97. I picked them both up, great deal. Dont know if I will use one or just sell them both. Just thought I would share my find.
    09-09-09 09:24 PM
    I love the Body Glove case for the 8330!

Thnx, Tripster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 02:48 AM
    I was in today activating my Pearl CLNR and they had a clearance rack with 2Otterboxes for the pearl on it for 4.97. I picked them both up, great deal. Dont know if I will use one or just sell them both. Just thought I would share my find.
    Thx for the tip. I have a couple users with Pearls and Curves... Need to get them to the store
    09-10-09 08:45 AM
    Pearl and 8830 merchandise is all on sale. In our area, Curve stuff is not.
    09-10-09 11:43 PM
    I am trying to figure out a few things.

1) People bought the Pearl because it was small & "cute." Using an Otterbox throws both out the window.

2) Otterbox is designed for industrial/construction environments. People working in those areas probably would be caught dead with such a "girly" phone - including the women who work in these areas.

3) Pearl is such a disposable phone - it begs to be destroyed. It would be like armoring a Blitz. What is worth protecting with one?

The Otterbox is a hard sell to begin with - they are ugly, they add mass & make using your phone more difficult. The Pearl is already difficult to use. Putting one out for Pearl probably meant making 100,000 of them, while only two sold. Cutting the price is the only way they could unload 98,998 of them. At $5 each, they are cheap paperweights.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD