Hi everyone I'm look to reduce the cost of my monthly bill. Right now I'm paying $130.00 a month for unlimited voice, text, data on verizon. I noticed there are a few companies selling "everything" plans using Sprint's network...I was just looking at Boost Mobile for $60 a month for Unlimited Blackberry. However, I live very close to the Pine Barrens, and Verizon has the most coverage around here. On the coverage map Sprint shows a HUGE area of no coverage not even voice. I was wondering if there are any similar companies but on VZWs network? Thanks.
    05-27-10 09:36 PM
    I'm not aware of any companies that admit to using verizon's network as their primary connection. Sprint will roam to verizon when necessary, and that will fill in the gaps. Sprint doesn't charge for roaming, however less than 50% of the minutes you use in a given month must be non-roaming minutes. And features like sprint-sprint won't register (have to call them, and they will credit the account). Sprint also has the AirAve, which will give you a solid connection at home using your existing broadband connection.

For instance, Sprint can be a little spotty where my house is, so I got the AirAve. Some parts of the plant I work at, Verizon covers, so I roam in those locations.

Sprint also has the simply everything plan (really everything, navigation, mobile tv, unl minutes/data/txt) for 100$, and Plans that limit only the minutes (700/1500min, unlimited everything else) for less
    05-27-10 09:57 PM
    Hi everyone I'm look to reduce the cost of my monthly bill. Right now I'm paying $130.00 a month for unlimited voice, text, data on verizon. I noticed there are a few companies selling "everything" plans using Sprint's network...I was just looking at Boost Mobile for $60 a month for Unlimited Blackberry. However, I live very close to the Pine Barrens, and Verizon has the most coverage around here. On the coverage map Sprint shows a HUGE area of no coverage not even voice. I was wondering if there are any similar companies but on VZWs network? Thanks.
    Page Plus does offer an Unlimited Plan on the Verizon network. I dont know anyone that uses Page Plus for a BlackBerry but in theory it can be done
    05-28-10 01:59 AM
    List of US MVNO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Slim pickings it seems....there's Jitterbug...

Two options to explore seriously: 1. Do you really need unlimited? What is your true monthly average usage? If it's under 2000 minutes per month your rate plan is too much. That can help you save some money. 2. Try the other carriers out for whatever evaluation they allow (14-30 days)...hold on porting your number and decide from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 02:45 AM
    Welcome To Straight Talk from walmart. They run off Verizon towers. $45 monthly ulimited talk/text/web plans. Don't have Blackberrys, but pretty good selection of phones.
    05-28-10 09:48 AM
    boost mobile is Sprint Iden side of business, like nextel. coverage on nextel was not great. you can go with Virgin mobile that's sprint bargain brand CDMA service, plans start at 25 bucks for unlimited data text email and web with 300 minutes or up it to 40 bucks and get 1200 minutes, sweet deal. or unlimited everything for 60 bucks, and they have the blackberry 8530. for the best coverage and best price u can go with sprint with Sprint u can roam Verizon's towers, get the everything data plan for 69.99 which includes 450 minutes on landlines, unlimited mobile to mobile on any network, unlimited text, unlimited data, GPS, a bunch of other sprint features, and u can upgrade to a new phone every year.
    Last edited by cheech4; 05-28-10 at 12:25 PM.
    05-28-10 12:18 PM
    boost mobile is Sprint Iden side of business, like nextel. coverage on nextel was not great. you can go with Virgin mobile thats sprint bargain brand CDMA service, or just opt for the best coverage and best price by going with Sprint and getting the everything data plan for 69.99 which includes 450 minutes on landlands, unlimited mobile to mobile on any network, unlimited text, unlimited data, GPS, a bunch of other sprint features, and u can upgrade to a new phone every year.
    Boost sells the 8330, which is the CDMA side that uses Sprint. However, Boost will not provide any roaming, period. If you cannot get Sprint service, you get no service. Boost Mobile BlackBerry Monthly Unlimited
    Last edited by lak611; 05-28-10 at 12:24 PM. Reason: typo
    05-28-10 12:23 PM
    Boost uses CDMA though too like was stated above by Lak about the 8330. I would suggest Boost because Sprint's native coverage isn't bad if you are in an area you know will be good covered.
    05-28-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD