Posted in the VZW forum.

Installed .591 on Tour no issues, upgraded from 4.7. Yesterday I installed the Bolt 2.0 browser. Was playing with it for about an hour and was quite impressed....then it hung.

Figured I would pull the battery and uninstall Bolt. When it rebooted it went into an infinite reboot loop. Cursor, white screen, red led, cursor, white screen, red led.

Went over to the VZW corporate store across the street. These people are on their game and I really like dealing with them. Showed them bricked Tour, they played around with it and agreed it was bricked.

No questions asked, they gave me a certified like new replacement Tour. Said I was tired of the Tour after 5 of them and wanted a different phone. They let me use my upgrade to get an early Storm 2 present.

So now I am the (proud) owner of a Storm 2, the first hour I wanted to throw the phone in the garbage because I couldn't deal with the idiosyncrasies of a touch screen. Several hours later I'm thinking I can do this.

Thankfully everything was backed up and I restored what I needed.

I have 30 days to return the phone, I'll see what happens. My only regret is I know there is a slew of new phones slated for the coming months, but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
    04-06-10 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD