I received this e-mail a few days ago. But when I go to the link and hit update it brings up my desktop manager and that only has an upgrade to 4.5.0.175 which I tried already but my phone wouldn't ring (only vibrate worked) so I downgraded to 4.5.0.138 which I'm at now. Also tried going to Verizon's blackberry site which only has 4.5 available. Why did I get the email if 5.0 wasn't available yet for Verizon?

Code:
    BlackBerry Software Update Notification

Update Today!

----------------------------------------------------

What else can your BlackBerry smartphone do for you?

Find out when you update to the latest smartphone software! This free update is ready and waiting to help you do more with your BlackBerry smartphone. To update today visit http://www.blackberry.com/updates

New ways to work and play!

* An update of BlackBerry Device Software version 5.0 is available. This update includes optimizations and enhancements approved by your wireless service provider.
                   Note: If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, contact your administrator for more information about updating..

Get the most advanced BlackBerry Device Software to keep your BlackBerry smartphone performing at its best. To update now visit http://www.blackberry.com/updates

Recently changed your BlackBerry smartphone? If you are viewing this message from your BlackBerry browser, you can automatically update your device information when you visit https://ufs.websl.blackberry.com/ufs/update.jsp?hash=deleted.

Research In Motion

----------------------------------------------------

2008 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry, RIM, Research In Motion, SureType and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.

You have received this message by opting-in to receive news and information about BlackBerry products and services from Research In Motion. To unsubscribe or change your subscription preferences visit https://ufs.websl.blackberry.com/ufs/unsubscribe.jsp?hash=deleted

Research In Motion, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3W8.
    04-22-10 06:13 PM
    I haven't heard of an official update to that phone...
    04-23-10 03:26 AM
    I received a similar message when the .175 became available for my Curve. It took about 2 weeks for the release to show up in the VZW site. However, I was able to get the release from the BB website using the DM. Some folks had to try several times to get the release to show up. Also, have you tried OTA? Except for the "chirp" during phone calls, I had no issues with the .175 release.
    04-23-10 07:42 AM
    There is an official OS 5.0 for the Curve 8330 released via Boost Mobile. Check out the Curve 83xx forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 11:31 PM
    would this be safe to dl from another carrier?
    05-04-10 01:47 PM
    I received a similar message when the .175 became available for my Curve. It took about 2 weeks for the release to show up in the VZW site. However, I was able to get the release from the BB website using the DM. Some folks had to try several times to get the release to show up. Also, have you tried OTA? Except for the "chirp" during phone calls, I had no issues with the .175 release.
    I did twice both times had to go back to ..138 from .175 because loosing sound only way to get sound back was soft reset Once was on a replaced phone with nothing ever downloaded before 4.5.0.175 so you was lucky on not having issues with . I'm still om 4.5.0.138 til I find a better one the allows my apps to function some hybrids mess those up .

05-04-10 02:13 PM
    would this be safe to dl from another carrier?
    Yes. Its done all the time. Check the Leaked OS forum, and search for 8330. You'll find lots of discussions and instruction.
    05-05-10 09:49 PM
    Make sure you delete the vender.xml file.

05-05-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD