So I have had three 8830's through verizon and they have all been replaced on warrenty. I called and told them that this is enough! Now they are actualy going to send me a new model, of my choice I guess. So now I am faced with a decision to make what phone to get. When I got this phone I knew nothing about BB's and thought that it would be better than my q. is the 8330 a better phone to have? It has bigger flash and all. How long would I have to wait to get the thunder? that would be sweet if they sent me that.
    07-22-08 03:18 PM
    I think the 8330 would be a great choice. The other phones (the thunder and the bold) are still quite a ways away.
    07-22-08 03:21 PM
    Get the 8330 I'm loving it way more than my 8830 to be honest. I missed mms camera etc. So I'd go curve if I were you. I'm not missing my world edition @ all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 03:31 PM
    so the basic differences between the 8830 and the 8330 are flash mem and camera right? i think that I am understanding that Curve > WE
    07-22-08 03:37 PM
    Yes. Basically what it boils down to is 96MB vs 64MB of flash mem, and the camera/MMS capabilities. The WE is slightly larger than the Curve, and to me, doesn't fit comfourtably in the palm of one's hand. They are both very well-built phones, and either would be a great choice depending on your personal needs.
    07-22-08 03:47 PM
    Go ahead and get the Curve. The jury is still out on the Thunder's exact release date.
    07-22-08 03:53 PM
    Go ahead and get the Curve. The jury is still out on the Thunder's exact release date.
    As far as the release date, I personally always use the +6 rule with Verizon. Whatever the rumoured release date is on a particular device, I just add 6 months to that. It's usually about right....
    07-22-08 03:57 PM
    As far as the release date, I personally always use the +6 rule with Verizon. Whatever the rumoured release date is on a particular device, I just add 6 months to that. It's usually about right....
    That's funny^^
    07-22-08 04:00 PM
    Exactly!! At least you are honest...

haha
    07-22-08 04:06 PM
    Just got off the phone with customer service. I will be getting my BB Curve overnighted to my house. Hopefully I can keep the old case and stuff causeI have some ideas for a side project with it.
    07-22-08 04:12 PM
    I say get the curve-I dont know how long you would want to wait

of course I dont know how much I believe it but the vzw rep i spoke to told me the end of the year
    07-23-08 01:58 AM
    Like the others, I agree go for the 8330. Best phone I have owned.

07-23-08 02:05 AM
    Get your Cruve on.

07-23-08 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD