Hi all,

I recently have switched to a Tour from my Storm and now that I have both phones, I was wondering if someone could should some light on the *228 option for me.

I can forsee myself wishing to use the Storm in the future when I don't want to damage my Tour, such as snowboarding or seeing as i'm a Civil Engineer having to go "in the field" on certain days for my job.

Does it cost to use the 228 service? Can I switch as many times as I would like? Do I have to wait a certain period of time between switching? How long does it take to have to "switched" devices up and running?

Thanks for everyones help,

Cheers!
    11-23-09 09:21 PM
    Okay. *228 opt 1 (aka *22890) "activates" your phone. *228 opt 2 (aka *22899) updates the PRL for your phone, assuming a new one exists. I believe, though I'm not 100% certain, sorry, that if you're going to be switching phones you can login to My Verizon and "activate a phone" there. If there's a rep handy please correct me if I'm wrong.
    11-23-09 09:25 PM
    option 3 switches devices..... *I believe* that you can do it as many times as you want, and it should happen almost instantly
    11-23-09 09:35 PM
    Hi all,

I recently have switched to a Tour from my Storm and now that I have both phones, I was wondering if someone could should some light on the *228 option for me.

I can forsee myself wishing to use the Storm in the future when I don't want to damage my Tour, such as snowboarding or seeing as i'm a Civil Engineer having to go "in the field" on certain days for my job.

Does it cost to use the 228 service? Can I switch as many times as I would like? Do I have to wait a certain period of time between switching? How long does it take to have to "switched" devices up and running?

Thanks for everyones help,

Cheers!
    Yes you can do it pretty frequently but I'm not sure on the limit. I'm using my Storm1 as my main device but have switched back to my curve when needed. No cost either
    11-23-09 09:40 PM
    it shouldnt cost. that would be a b**** move by VZW if it did haha
    11-24-09 04:22 AM
    There was someone on here(can't remember who) that said only 3 device switches a month? Its free thats for sure.
    11-24-09 08:05 AM
    There is no limit to how many times you swap out your phones. There is no charge for the swap unless a store feels like charging you.
    11-25-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD