Ok, I need the opinion from a VZW rep. I am having trouble with Messenger after my official upgrade from 4.3 OS to 4.5 OS. See details here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/bes-help-230848/

My device is 38 days old and I am tired of dealing with this. Should I return to the store and ask for a (new)replacement? I have made 5 LONG phone calls to VZW and RIM and a store visit. RIM wants me to do more testing by wiping the device, etc..etc..I feel I have done my part through due dilligence.

Opinions?
    05-20-09 01:58 PM
    VZW has already transfered me to RIM and I have a open case #. I have had 2 calls just with RIM, working on a 3rd tonight when I am at my Desktop Manager at home.
    05-20-09 02:53 PM
    Of course it might be this as well. Did you check with your IT dept before upgrading to 4.5? If not, then the problem might be an issue between the device and the BES. There are still servers out there that will not support 4.5 and pissed off IT folks at users for upgrading devices without checking with them. Just a thought
    05-20-09 07:04 PM
    Customer care generally won't replace a device unless you try a hard reset (wiping it), so you really have three options.

1. Wipe it.
    2. Lie and say you wiped it and you're still having problems.
    3. Take it to a store and see if a CSR will replace it without making you do a hard reset.
    05-20-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD