tools
    You might learn to read
    Yesterday, 02:15 PM
    jesfriday
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier: Verizon

Online Upgrade Return at Store?
    Can I return my phone (still in 30 days) that I bought online from Verizon?
    There seems to be a lot of variation of what some stores will and wont do. The bottom line is, there is absoloutley nothing saying that we will not honor a return in the store. The 35 dollar restock fee will apply, BUT THERE IS NOTHING SAYING THAT YOU CAN NOT RETURN A PHONE IN THE STORE.
    10-30-09 11:04 AM
    Its true it nevers says you can't return it to a store...
    10-30-09 11:05 AM
    (no, our DM said we cannot take online exchanges in store)
    As accountable as District Managers have to be, there is no District Manager in their right mind that would ever say not to take online returns.
    10-30-09 11:07 AM
    I will say it has started to become entertaining. If you want that contest in my front yard, go ahead. Unlike the president offering beer to the two in disagreement, I may sell beer and barbque to the spectators.

Twins and Vet might be able to eat and drink for free since they may provide the entertainment. Please note that this is not a policy or procedure so I'm not guaranteeing any leftovers and you may end up hungry and thirsty.

I would like to hear from the OP and find out how this was resolved.
    10-30-09 11:34 AM
    Same here back to the issue at hand did they replace it? I have a feeling they might have???
    10-30-09 11:41 AM
    If it was bought in a store, of course you can return it to the store within the 30 days.

If it was bought online, you can at least check with a store to see if they'll let you return it. The website says you must return to the same channel, but as others have stated, there are exceptions to the rule. I personally will be checking with our closest retail store to see if I can return my Tour next Friday when the Droid comes out.
    10-30-09 11:49 AM
    Same here back to the issue at hand did they replace it? I have a feeling they might have???
    I'm going to send a PM to the OP and ask him to update us. Inquiring minds want to know and I have too much time on my hands this morning.

I was credited the $35.00 restocking fee and given overnight instead of 2 day shipping without asking for it.
    10-30-09 12:24 PM
    I was told had to be shipped back not available in store
    10-30-09 04:45 PM
    I was told had to be shipped back not available in store
    Hey, thanks for letting us know.

Guys, it looks like the fight, barbque and beer fest are cancelled.
    10-30-09 04:53 PM
    Yes - thanks for telling us.

Interestingly, last night, I pulled the VZW receipt & paperwork from my last order of two Imagios. It tells me the link & much the same thing as the link - then it says, you MUST get a return authorization & return it to the address listed. "MUST" is on the ticket. And why do I need an RMA to return to the store? It does tell me I need one.

So, this morning, I am shopping at the mall. I am typing this while sitting in front of the VZW store where I stopped in to see the phones - but my primary objective was to ask this very question. The greeter's name tag said MANAGER. So I asked him - if I buy online, can I return it here. His response was "if you buy it online, we can take it back ONLY if it is defective." He also mentioned that info would be on the sales receipt.

So, while the RETURN POLICIES tell you to return it through the same channels, it is obvious that VZW employees are not on the same page & their informational expertise is quite possibly schizophrenic.

Regardless, what I said was this...

The contract says no - however, your experience may vary.
    Which basically it does - a simple reading comprehension exercise tells up this & this has been confirmed by many people, either through their experience as a customer or what they've been taught as an employee.

I mean, most people outside of lawyers & linguists miss the nuances of shall & should - VZW employees & customers are no smarter than the average individual.

Immediately after my respnse above, a VZW rep in SLC responded...

Try try try try
    Which can reasonably be taken as an agreement of my reply - and that it doesn't hurt to try - hence my comment that "your experience may vary."

So, based on this...

The contract says no - however, your experience may vary.
    Do you think I deserved this? I react with anything slightly combative & I get called out - yet with rare exception (thanks CN), this two-bit WV freakshow gets by with impugnity after attacks, lies & misinformation.

What? There is nothing in anyones contract stipulating which channel the phone can be returned through? The only stipulation is the 35 dollar restock fee.

Mr Know It All strikes again
    Then this?

All of this spoken by the biggest loser of them all......
    Both of which are personal attacks - and every one of a couple dozen interactions with this dope started with him insulting me.

Was this type of response warranted by someone who has repeatedly claimed to be a longtime employee of VZW?

Based on his comments elsewhere - here & on other sites, he is a story-teller, a trouble-maker & if he does sell phones, it is at a store that also sells water, prepaid phone cards & nickle candy.

Since I have more info on him than most here, maybe a call to VZW or a Planet Feedback complaint might be fun. Last time someone did that, all Hades broke loose around here.

Which brings me to my point & this is directed to any phone reps here, most notably VZW people. You have someone who claims to ne one of you. When they act rudely, poorly, read things wrong, give bad info or are simply out of line, it would be to your benefit to call them out; to isolate them.

Reps have a hard enough time with some of the loons on sites like this without sophomoric losers & dopes with a self-caused vendetta making them look worse.

I come here without announcing any company. I have taken pains to make 110% certain everyone knows I Do not work for VZW. Scan my posts & view my occasional signatures. I have never once claimed to be a rep, I have never alluded to being one & I have never claimed I slept with one. I don't sit next to VZW reps, but I do have lunch occasionally with friends & clients from VZW. I have repeatedly advised people to get verification from real reps & that my advice, while simple common sense, should be verified by those who are closer to the company.

I live in a suburb north of Phoenix in a home than no telco rep would ever have a prayer of living in, unless it were willed to them. I am semi-retired, due to medical issues, but am still active in the businesses I own. As such, I am still extremely protective of my businesses, my people and my clients. I do not tolerate my people criticizing other employees other than through constructive criticism, because it makes everyone look bad.

And I am extremely confident in my own abilities - even with my advancing age, my size & strength gives me the confidence to know I could physically crush most on this site - I am 6'8" (no, I never played basketball - never graceful enough) & 270lbs - & I still work out. And my life experiences tell me I can probably BS with the best & I can reason better than most. So no one here intimidates me, nor does anyone really bother me - I throw my weight around well. This Wireless Nut clown is on par with a flea on your dog - not my dog.

So, VZW reps - I ask you this - are this dope's responses appropriate? Are you concerned his claims of being one of you might shed a negative light on you, here or at work? Or are you in his camp? Wouldn't it be nice if customers didn't call you with preconceived notions of how reps are online? Think of public perception of the LAPD after Rodney King, boxing after Mike Tyson, politics after any election. One bad apple, as they say...

The minute someone even alludes to being a rep, it reflects on all reps. If I call, might you be the rude equestrian tail I saw berating people online at whatever site?

This clown is vindictive, spiteful, jealous and wrongly speculative. Are all reps like this? Most? After all, it doesn't take a degree or even a high level of intellectual prowess to be a telco rep. I know of reps with criminal records, GEDs in lieu of diplomas & more. Be truthful & up-front in the application process, pass the aptitude & 25-35WPM typing tests & you probably have a job. Then again, the Chandler center here locally is hiring heavily - but no real expansion - its from turnover. So, good reps are at a disadvantage from the start, where reputation comes to the table.

Compared to this WV clown, I do know it all. Then again, so does the special olympics boy in tsguy's picture above.

You can isolate & call out the miscreants who make your profession look bad or you can be one of them. It is up to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 04:56 PM
    Since I have more info on him than most here, maybe a call to VZW or a Planet Feedback complaint might be fun.
    You know what will make it even more fun? Include this short story of a post and allow who ever you contact to see how you felt necessary to include your physical size, weight, so called physical capabilities and disabilities, description of your supposed home and career. I'm sure that will add a lot of credibility

The funniest thing of all is you DON'T have any idea who I am, although you are certain you do. Which means you've got an obvious fan club out there. I have no idea what other forums you post on, and I'm certain you don't take part in any other forums I do. It wouldn't be hard to recognize. Any website administrator for this website would clearly clarify that there has never been any contact between myself and you through Private Message.

I've seen you run and hide before because of accusations of racism, so you know darn well you push the envelope. And I love the last part of your post......an immature, "come on guyzzzzzzzzzzz, ju wanna be on my team or his team".
    11-01-09 08:12 AM
    You know what will make it even more fun? ---blah blah blah blah blah--- ju wanna be on my team or his team".
    Should I respond to this as him, me, us, or one? Nah, I can't speak for anyone except me, the same person you've made an error in assuming I am someone else. You make a lot of errors though so it isn't surprising. First off, anyone who has ever run one of these boards can tell you that pms vanish once deleted and a database optimization is run. But you try to say any admin will verify as if they would but a good admin wouldn't. 2nd, you make statements regarding your activities on other boards but expect everyone to believe your statements that no one here posts on the boards you post on even though you also said earlier this is the only board you post on. Which is it? I have seen posts you made elsewhere where you badmouthed this board and a few members but concentrated on roundijng up the troops to get Dad. Wonder how many of the trolls here are here because of you? Its okay, Jack. You think what you want to think but most of us aren't buying it. And also before you try again to say that Dad and me are the same person, it is Sunday morning and he is in church while I went last night. You are obsessed. And wrong. and yoy think everyone here is stupid. But we aren't. It really is only you.
    11-01-09 11:29 AM
    Care to share any of these so called posts from other forums?

11-01-09 05:11 PM
    This is awesome, please keep it up.
    11-01-09 06:07 PM
    This is awesome, please keep it up.
    The fight may be back on. Any requests for the barbque?
    11-01-09 10:14 PM
    Yeah I'd like some chicken. Make sure its maranated. I also like cheeseburgers well done. Thanks.

11-01-09 11:00 PM
    Care to share any of these so called posts from other forums?
    Sure thing - so you can deny these & claim falsehoods?

Still going by Scott, or have you changed the name you go by in the store?
    11-04-09 12:08 PM
    Sure thing - so you can deny these & claim falsehoods?

Still going by Scott, or have you changed the name you go by in the store?

My name isn't even close to Scott. This is the only tech related forum I post on. Or I should say gadget forum I post on, because I also post on a VW/Audi enthusiast website and a general forum on US cities. You had mentioned something once about a forum I believe you referred to as "ARS" or some kind of mix of those letters, and if I'm correct about that, I wouldn't even know what forum you are speaking of.

I have never PM'd you, period. Never. I would have no reason to mention your screen name in any of the other forums I just mentioned. Period.
    11-04-09 12:16 PM
    /popcorn

10char
    11-04-09 12:23 PM
    /popcorn

10char

What does the whole "10char" at the bottom of some of your posts mean?
    11-04-09 12:24 PM
    Need 10 characters minimum to post and /popcorn is too short. It's just extra characters to meet the minimum requirement to post.
    11-04-09 12:28 PM
    popcorn ?
    11-04-09 12:30 PM
    yes, /popcorn.
    11-04-09 12:32 PM
    My name isn't even close to Scott. This is the only tech related forum I post on. Or I should say gadget forum I post on, because I also post on a VW/Audi enthusiast website and a general forum on US cities. You had mentioned something once about a forum I believe you referred to as "ARS" or some kind of mix of those letters, and if I'm correct about that, I wouldn't even know what forum you are speaking of.

I have never PM'd you, period. Never. I would have no reason to mention your screen name in any of the other forums I just mentioned. Period.
    Sure thing - whatever you say.

Did you know you have someone you work with or used to work with who really doesn't like you?

Good info.
    11-04-09 12:33 PM
    Sure thing - whatever you say.

Did you know you have someone you work with or used to work with who really doesn't like you?

Good info.
    And whatever right back to you.

I'm sure you have quite a fan club yourself.
    11-04-09 12:36 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD