I'm currently a VZW customer. If I order from another carrier online and request to have my phone number ported, how soon will it be before my VZW account is affected or cancelled? If I'm having "buyer's remorse", would I be able cancel an online order from AT&T before their phone arrives without my VZW account being affected?
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-08-09 at 09:28 PM.
    07-08-09 09:24 PM
    I've ported from ATT and ALLTEL and both cancelled my accounts immediately and charged ETFs promptly. I don't think you have a remorse other then getting a new number.
    07-08-09 09:33 PM
    First off- both lines need to be active before a port can happen. If you are thinking about doing this, I would hold off on the port for a bit. You can also call fwd you number to the new phone, if you do not like it return the phone and cancel the foward and move on .

The port process from cell carrier to cell carrier does not take very long.
    07-08-09 09:34 PM
    I'm currently a VZW customer. If I order from another carrier online and request to have my phone number ported, how soon will it be before my VZW account is affected or cancelled? If I'm having "buyer's remorse", would I be able cancel an online order from AT&T before their phone arrives without my VZW account being affected?
    You VZW phone will not be turned off or ported until you activate the new phones from the other carrier. And if you read the disclosur from the new company, and double check it against VZW its usually 30 days you can return to vzw and keep your number.
    07-08-09 09:37 PM
    Sorry to double post, but before I get flammed and anyone says no, I (bout 3 months ago) had a customer That had done this and we used this exact process to reactivate his old account and phones with vzw
    07-08-09 09:38 PM
    First off- both lines need to be active before a port can happen. If you are thinking about doing this, I would hold off on the port for a bit. You can also call fwd you number to the new phone, if you do not like it return the phone and cancel the foward and move on .

The port process from cell carrier to cell carrier does not take very long.
    Thanks for the tip I talked to VZW and they said I can temporarily suspend my current number, but I forgot to ask if during that time I can still have my Voice Mail active to leave a message for callers regarding my other number....
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-08-09 at 09:51 PM.
    07-08-09 09:41 PM
    I do not think so, if an account is suspended, then nothing works.
    07-08-09 09:53 PM
    Sorry to double post, but before I get flammed and anyone says no, I (bout 3 months ago) had a customer That had done this and we used this exact process to reactivate his old account and phones with vzw
    Verizon gives my company a discount. If I port my number back to VZW within 30 days, do you know if I would have to set up my corporate discount all over again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 01:02 PM
    Verizon gives my company a discount. If I port my number back to VZW within 30 days, do you know if I would have to set up my corporate discount all over again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes you would have to re-verify the information Via the website, or fax in. Not hard to do anymore. Sometimes they miss it and just re apply it but it may have to be re-verified
    07-11-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD