does anyone else think this is so annoying??? My upgrade day is on a friday & i REFUSE to pay an extra $50 for the pearl just so i can get it tomorrow. so now...i have to WAIT till monday! come on verizon, can't you make all the prices the same? or OVERNIGHT my new pearl to me
    01-10-08 10:58 PM
    When they ship it you usually get it in a day or two. If you call early enough you might get it the next day.
    01-10-08 10:59 PM
    yeah all said and done I got my 8830 for $99 and the stores wanted $199....go figure. I got it with the new every two and new contract with a $100 mail in rebate. lol
    01-10-08 11:23 PM
    yeah all said and done I got my 8830 for $99 and the stores wanted $199....go figure. I got it with the new every two and new contract with a $100 mail in rebate. lol
    I got the same phone on release day in store for $99. Same price as you... in store.
    01-11-08 09:52 AM
    the store has a device credit for $100 on the BB's and the rebate also, so you might want to go into the store and talk to someone, I got my Pearl for the same price I could of gotten it online....paid $150 in store and then have to send in a $50 rebate.

online has a $100 instant rebate, the stores have a $100 instant advanced device credit instant. looks like the math works out the same to me but could bt wrong
    01-11-08 09:00 PM
    Keep in mind they try to drive people online, they don't have to pay commision then also keep in mind they have rent and other operating expenses that onlin doesn't have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-08 10:06 PM
    I remember when I picked up my Pearl, I remember them mumbling something about me mentioning online prices, and they matched it. Don't know if that's standard procedure, or if they just liked me. It was also a Verizon store and not an authorized reseller. I personally have never had a great experience with a reseller.

01-11-08 10:29 PM
    I can confirm that online prices are cheaper. I picked up an 8130 for 250 online with a 1 year, and in store the same thing was 370.

01-12-08 03:23 PM
    i got my bb curve on amazon.com for only $75 bucks! with shipping it was like 85, but i had to wait a while to get it. but its was well worth it. Oh the price was so cheap because you had to open a 2 year contract.
    01-12-08 05:04 PM
    Always talk to someone in the store and point out that it's cheaper online. Amazon is a retailer that always has great bargains on phones but you have to be a new customer to get those discounts.

I don't know how but when I purchased my BB back in late November, somehow I walked out of the store only paying $39.99 for it. It wasn't an errror ether, a combination of new ever 2, complaining about how the online price was cheaper, and what not got me the phone basically for beans.
    01-15-08 07:42 AM
    I always check with WireFly before I purchase a phone...Their prices always seems to be the lowest!

The sad things is that right now the company that offers the rebates are going through bankruptcy, which sucks, so I am still awaiting a rebate from them.
    01-15-08 08:27 AM
    Always talk to someone in the store and point out that it's cheaper online. Amazon is a retailer that always has great bargains on phones but you have to be a new customer to get those discounts.

I don't know how but when I purchased my BB back in late November, somehow I walked out of the store only paying $39.99 for it. It wasn't an errror ether, a combination of new ever 2, complaining about how the online price was cheaper, and what not got me the phone basically for beans.
    wow. nice work! i agree about talking to the in-store reps. i wasn't eligible for an upgrade yet, but finally got them to come down to $229 (from $419) for my pearl. that happened to be the same price i got for selling my enV on ebay. worked out well for me!
    01-16-08 08:00 AM
    I got mine from the store, went home and called Verizon. They credited my account for the diff. I hate waiting for shiping, too!
    01-27-08 10:01 PM
    I got my 8830 WE from authorized Verizon store for $420, includes taxes. I had lost my 7250 so I got new one right away. My 7250 was eventually return to me. Anyway, I went there to compare 8703e and 8830 WE, and I chose 8830 WE because it is cool. My sister's boyfriend, who works there, was kindly enough to mail in $100 rebate for me. I got it a couple of weeks later.
    01-28-08 12:55 AM

Always do this. I don't care what the retailer is. Circuit City, Best Buy, Any cellular provider. If the prices that are online are cheaper complain about it. The last time I was in Circuity City buying something, I complained about it. The sales rep told me "they have to stay competitive with other online retailers, thats why the price is cheaper online." I said, other than wasting my time and pissing me off, what prevents me from going home, ordering it off my computer, and coming back here and picking it up for the cheaper price? Needless to say to prevent those items from occurring, they sold it to me for the cheaper online price. Its all just a big scam. If the sales rep wont' do it, definitely ask for a manager. When they figure out they know what you are talking about, they will help you out. The last thing any manager wants especially now in an economic downturn, is anything negative that would prevent a sale, or drive away customers. Even though they have to bend for you, who knows how many other people are just going into their store and buying it right off the shelf without checking online.
    01-28-08 07:32 AM
    Just wondering if anyone has experience purchasing phones off of Amazon.

I know you need to sign a contract (I don't know if you can sign an extension to still get the discounted upgrade price)...

Any knowledge would be appreciated!!

I know Amazon has sick deals but I never spent the time to look into signing a contract online and all that.
    06-05-08 08:30 AM
    I got my 8330 online from verizon for $5!!!!!! shipped overnight to me! Now thats a deal!
    06-06-08 09:32 AM
    So Ive always got the cheapest prices on phones by calling customer service and ordering it through them. They always seem to be able to pull more strings!
    06-07-08 01:37 AM
    Just my 2 cents about prices...

I'm looking at either a voyager or a 8330, leaning towards the 8330. Online they're both $150 from verizon. However when I talked to the sales rep at the local store (south SF bay area, CA) he could get me the voyager for $200, but the 8330 for only $100. I've always found it best to just simply shop around.
    06-12-08 05:03 PM
    I just went through this with 2 Juke phones for grankids where online they were free upgrades but the store wanted to do a rebate to get the price down to free. It was quite an argument but finally after going to the store manager I got it done. The Juke phones are almost Ipods with 2gb of memory and work like an mp3 player. Not bad at all for the kids.
    06-13-08 05:55 PM
    call verizon, give them any 'hypothetical online discount' you can imagine (nothing too absurd) and they will match it. It will cost them more to lose your business than to accommodate you.
    06-28-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD