Mmm.. going to use an upgrade and was just curious if there is any way to get the online $100 discount in store? I know in store they give you the $100 mail in rebate, but I'd rather not wait for that.
    09-19-10 09:54 PM
    I would think not, the discount is coming from Verizon, not the wireless store.
    09-19-10 10:04 PM
    No the store doesn't honor the online discounts. If you order online you can use the promo code FREEOVERNT for free over night shipping. Order before 4 PM and you'll have it by 7 PM the next day. Or go to Best Buy since they don't have mail in rebates. Their prices are usually the same if not better than online.
    09-19-10 10:09 PM
    No the store doesn't honor the online discounts. If you order online you can use the promo code FREEOVERNT for free over night shipping. Order before 4 PM and you'll have it by 7 PM the next day. Or go to Best Buy since they don't have mail in rebates. Their prices are usually the same if not better than online.
    Hmm except my aunt doesn't have an actual upgrade. Multiple stores have told me she has an upgrade to a smartphone, but it does not show that online which is why I was wondering.

On the phone they have also told me this, so I may just call since I know they overnight for free over telesales.
    09-19-10 10:12 PM
    The simple answer is: No.
    Its called an "Online Discount", that alone is pretty self explanatory.
    The special promotion to upgrade to a Smartphone is only available thru CS or stores, so the mail rebate is the only thing you'd get. If you'd rather not wait for that, then don't submit it.
    09-19-10 11:02 PM
    You can try Amazon, Wire Fly, Let's Talk and I'm sure there are others, Including this forum. They all have an angle to separate you and your money. Amazon had the Verizon 9650 for a penny for a new contract. The Verizon corporate stores wanted 199.00 and a 100.00 MIR (Visa Card) for the same set up. The Verizon reseller down the street wanted 269.00 and the 100.00 MIR (Visa Card). The price varies depending on what you’re doing, upgrading the primary line the secondary line, ect. Best Buy has the best straight up no-nonsense approach with no rebates, ect if you want to walk out with a phone working today. Amazon did not have the means to port your number, but for a penny I did the deed and just called in the port after I received the phone.
    09-20-10 10:25 AM
    I'm almost positive the early smartphone upgrade does an instant rebate. It does over the phone anyways. Try going to the store and they should be able to tell you but I've processed them and its resulted in an instant rebate for the smartphone promo. I'm not even sure if that promo is still running, but I know there are some promotional upgrades running around, but the terms might be different.
    09-20-10 11:28 PM
    i JUST upgraded in store and it was definitely not an instant rebate. They gave me MIR forms and told me to mail that ish in. Here's to 8 weeks of waiting..
    09-21-10 11:50 AM
    All of the MIR I have gotten through verizon come much faster than 8 weeks. Usually 2 weeksish

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 12:13 PM
    If you presubmit (online) and than print the form and send in all the correct paper work, I have gotten mine in around 2 weeks.
    09-21-10 03:45 PM
    i hate getting those visa cards though. is there any way you were able to get a check instead?
    09-21-10 07:29 PM
    i hate getting those visa cards though. is there any way you were able to get a check instead?
    There is, once you receive the Debit Card, you can call Citibank, the issuer of the card, and they can send you a check for the amount of the rebate.
    09-21-10 08:03 PM
    There is, once you receive the Debit Card, you can call Citibank, the issuer of the card, and they can send you a check for the amount of the rebate.
    nice, thanks for the info!
    09-22-10 12:06 PM
    Or you can have them do an electronic transfer of the entire balance directly into your checking account. At least that is an option when you go to the web site for the debit card.
    09-22-10 01:35 PM
    Or you can have them do an electronic transfer of the entire balance directly into your checking account. At least that is an option when you go to the web site for the debit card.
    That too.
    09-22-10 02:37 PM
    OR the third option would be to spend it all on golf gear
    09-23-10 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD