Their employees are so incompetent they make me feel like a rocket scientist! No skill, no clue what they are talking about, no knowledge. I mean cmon...I could have their job in a heartbeat. I mean I know a lot about smartphones too, but to sum it up: Verizon needs better associates.

ALSO: Let's use this thread to share any funny stories from the Verizon store. I've got a few.
    07-17-12 01:44 PM
    Every time you call with a technical issue they always tell me that I need a replacement oh well nothing like a new phone every three months LOL. They all read from a script on their computer and if it get to hard for them they say "let me get you to level 3 support" LOL.
    07-17-12 10:11 PM
    Yes, total DOLTS. While I was out one day my phone "bricked" itself. White screen, little symbol and a number. Battery pull wouldn't fix it.

Stopped in the the VZN store and they had no idea. They called tech support, and between the two of them they couldn't do . Put me on the phone w/ tech support and wanted to know if I could hook it up to my computer. Like I have my PC in my back pocket. He asked for my number and said he would call me later at home. I felt like a high school kid waiting for the hot cheerleader to call me at home. Ya right. No call ever came. Luckily, I found the tutorial here on CB and fixed it myself.
    08-02-12 04:42 PM
    Once my cousin brought a phone in (LG) because the vibrate stopped working. The lady suggested that the phone software didn't support vibrate so they would have to install a new OS...After that didn't work (hmm wonder why), he ended up getting a new phone.
    08-02-12 06:39 PM
    I was purchasing a phone at a VZW store and sales person setting it up for me drops it on the floor. She then handed it to me as if nothing happened and said, "Good to go".
    08-02-12 08:07 PM
    I'll be the one with the good experience. I just got off the phone with VZW Customer Service, because of an upgrade issue.

Needing a phone by today, I ordered a Bold w/2 day shipping on Wed and got an email on Thurs saying that there was a delay and the unit wouldn't arrive until Mon. I emailed back and asked to upgrade the shipping to overnight as I needed it today. I received a phone call saying that because the order had already reached the warehouse they couldn't upgrade the shipping but they could cancel that order and place a new one with overnight shipping. I said great and everything was set.

Today I logged into my acct on the website and saw that my upgrade date had changed from 1/31/13 to 4/2/14. This was a problem since I had not used my upgrade and paid full price. I called VZW again and got a very nice woman who thoroughly researched the problem before offering any resolution or opinion. The upshot is that they will reset my date on Sunday after the new device is activated, since if they do it now, it might reset back to 2014 when I activate the Bold. She is also going to call me on Sunday to verify that they changed the date back to 1/31/13.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the service I've received on this order.
    08-03-12 10:35 AM
    I hope they do what was promised. Good luck.
    08-04-12 07:51 AM
    them people are special. and thats true every time u call with a problem well sir we will get u a replacement out. hang on a min i would like to try to fix the issue well sir u have done all u can sorry. i updated and did ota by the way never do an ota stick the dm. so my phone would not use app world bbm bbm music and would not send or receive emails they told me well sir we are sending u a phone thats all we can do u just have to do without email for 4 days. i mean wtf man... so i went on my own and downloaded through dm reloaded the update and working great

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-04-12 06:28 PM
    I hope they do what was promised. Good luck.
    They did and I got the device Friday. Unfortunately, it has a bad space key, so I have to send it back. But even that has an upside, after going through 3 CSR's and a supervisor, they let me use my upgrade early. So instead of the full price I paid originally, I get the upgrade price and a refund!

The replacement device will be here Friday they say.
    08-08-12 11:28 AM
    Here is a number for tech support. I always start here first. 800-483-7356. Might help some of you. They are always pretty good with my calls.
    08-09-12 11:38 AM
    I came home last month from a run and was chatting on gtalk when my 9850 stopped responding. I figured it was just busy as the screen orientation still changed. After 5 minutes of it not doing anything though I pulled the battery. After I reinserted it, the phone started the the blinking LED of death.

I got THE funniest and coolest tech support rep ever on the phone. But she scolded me for updating my phone. Told me never update the phone. I'm like wha?!? I told kiki to make up her mind. First my email and browser doesn't work and they tell me wait for the update next week and now they tekl me never update. Haha. But she overnighted a battery and the phone and told me if then messes up that she would let me exchange phones. This is my 4th torch in 6 months.

I have since ditched it and got a bold. The only issue I have is they will exchange my phone for one of equal or lesser value. I couldn't get a straight answer on what value that is. I assume its the new contract price which sucks. I paid full retail price for it. So Big Red screews me again.
    08-12-12 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD