Im getting a new phone tomorrow from Verizon but i dont think it will be a BlackBerry ive already had one and it broke and i cant afford another, so tomorrow im going and i should be paying full price for a phone can someone tell me some great phone that i could buy that are cheep? looking for QWERTY but its okay if i dont get one but i was thinking BlackBerry pearl might not cost so much? i just need some tips. thanks guys
    - Austin Black

Ps: doesnt verizon let you renew your contract 4 months early? It's August and mines up in decemeber so should they let me?
    08-11-09 02:06 AM
    Im getting a new phone tomorrow from Verizon but i dont think it will be a BlackBerry ive already had one and it broke and i cant afford another, so tomorrow im going and i should be paying full price for a phone can someone tell me some great phone that i could buy that are cheep? looking for QWERTY but its okay if i dont get one but i was thinking BlackBerry pearl might not cost so much? i just need some tips. thanks guys
    - Austin Black

Ps: doesnt verizon let you renew your contract 4 months early? It's August and mines up in decemeber so should they let me?
    Wont hurt to ask. I would call up CS and speak with them first. You can also check online if you are signed up with MyVerizon. In terms of a non-BB device, you can not go wrong with LG devices, but if you are eligible for an upgrade then I would get the Tour if the discount price is n your price range
    08-11-09 02:17 AM
    You shouldn't have to pay full retail either way......... Your NE2 date is 4 months before your contract end dates

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 06:15 AM
    Austin, are you on a one or two year contract? If a one year, you will need to wait a bit longer to upgrade. If two, you should be close.

Also, is December your contract end or is it your upgrade eligibility date? I've seen a lot of folks confuse the two.

08-11-09 08:34 AM
    To elaborate on what I said last night, Verizon has a policy (I believe its still valid) that if you break/lose a phone, don't have insurance, and aren't eligible for any kind of upgrade, they will sell you a new phone, sans contract, for the one year contract price..........

The other thing, is that if you are the primary line on the account, you can pay an extra 20 dollars and upgrade one year into your contract st discount pricing, as long as you sign a new 2 year agreement.

08-11-09 09:49 AM
    Wont hurt to ask. I would call up CS and speak with them first. You can also check online if you are signed up with MyVerizon. In terms of a non-BB device, you can not go wrong with LG devices, but if you are eligible for an upgrade then I would get the Tour if the discount price is n your price range
    Never hurts to try!!
    08-12-09 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD