Its not that I wanted to Cancel my phone Insurance I have through Verizon for my Tour, but this years been pretty hard as far as my work situation and I have had to do a lot of cutbacks on my bills every month to save as much as I can... one of those savings were to cut out my Insurance on the phone a long with VZnavigator and VVM.

when work gets going strong again I want to be able to add Insurance back on the phone, but can you just add insurance anytime you want though?? Not sure how that works?
    01-25-10 05:48 PM
    I dont think you can do that. Just like how when you buy your phone, I think you have to add insurance within 30 days. So Im assuming if you take insurance off, you might not be able to get it back.

Dont quote me on any of this. And Im sorry about your financial struggles.
    01-25-10 06:02 PM
    I believe it is 14 days and no you can't.
    01-25-10 06:03 PM
    I believe it is 14 days and no you can't.
    14 days sounds right.
    01-25-10 06:05 PM
    Here is the definative answer. After the purchase of a new device, you have 30 days to add insurance. If you remove the insurance, it cannot be added back on.

Does Verizon Wireless offer Total Equipment Coverage against lost/stolen/damaged and malfunctioning equipment?
    Yes, Total Equipment Coverage offers complete protection for your wireless equipment. It combines the benefits of Asurion’s Wireless Phone Protection with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program. If your device or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason-lost, stolen, accidentally damaged, or malfunctioning-you are covered. Verizon Wireless customers can only enroll in Total Equipment Coverage within 30 days of new account activation with new equipment or an upgrade with new equipment purchase.

Copied from VZW site
    Last edited by lastraid; 01-25-10 at 06:23 PM.
    01-25-10 06:09 PM
    Yep, you can't add it back on once you've cancelled it.

I generally cancel my insurance once I'm 18 months into my contract - when I'm eligible for an upgrade, so if I lose it I can get a new phone if I sign a new contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 08:47 PM
    Insurance doesn't stop you from getting your contract upgrade.
    I know times are tough for a lot of us. I think keeping the ins is important just like having renters and car insurance. And health. If you cancel your insurance on your device and you unfortunately have something happen to it other than what the mfg warranty on the 1st yr covers, you will be greatly SOL Retail value on a BB is close to or over 500.00 Do you have 500 to fork out for a new device? Think of it that way. VVM and Navigation would be choices to cancel but I suggest you keep your insurance.
    01-25-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD