06-08-09 03:44 PM
29 12
tools
    X2, I've heard of many people having issues with the XV6900.
    And I can vouch for those issues. The problems with the XV6800/6900/Tilt have been enough to sour me on HTC.
    Saga is touch screen? He seems set on touch screen.
    It is a hybrid - form factor similar to BlackBerry Curve - QWERTY keyboard and advanced touch screen.

If he wants full touch screen, Omnia is the way to go. I have seen none of the problems reported about the Omnia. My big issue with it is that it is touch screen. Touch screens don't like me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 10:31 AM
    My sister has the Omnia; I have a Curve. personally when I played with it... I prefer the curve... Im not biased. I just hate touch screens bc of my fat german fingers. I dont like the pocket outlook; if I had a winmo device I would pop the extra $15 for the wireless sync. It syncs email; contacts; tasks; memos and calender to secure server for safety. I cant tell you how many times hotsync or activsync have failed and wiped contacts from outlook and the device. But the customer had wireless sync and tada! theres the contacts.
    I like blackberrys user friendly matrix. and since you have to have a data plan for both, Id go RIM.
    06-08-09 11:25 AM
    There are pros & cons with all of the touch screen devices. For example, the Storm has a better screen & handles resolution changes better than the Omnia does. Neither has a touch interface that comes anywhere close to the capacitive screen of the iPhone. The Omnia has a huge advantage over the Storm in memory & resources, plus can run flash-embedded Websites (with third-party browser - or the upcoming OS enhancements). The Omnia also comes with Office at no additional charge, while you must pay extra for the somewhat cheesy Documents To Go application if you want to easily create & edit Office files.

If I were in the market for a full touch screen device, I'd pick Omnia over Storm, but there are better devices than either, depending on your needs.

06-08-09 03:42 PM
    Also - a decent comparison of the two, as well as a few other competitors, can be found here: Nokia 5800 vs Sony X1 vs HTC HD vs Omnia vs Storm- Indiatimes Infotech.

06-08-09 03:44 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD