12-24-09 05:09 PM
42 12
tools
    Great news everyone... I've found a post by and extremely reputable and consistent contributer that should allow everyone to sleep easier tonight...

Apparently only 1% of all sheep travel to areas where there is no coverage. So you should have data coverage wherever you go, and won't have to worry about your navigation application of choice going out on you...

But, unfortunately, if your account gets suspended because you didn't pay your overpriced Verizon Wireless bill, your Omnia 2 will be there with you to get you home...
    Hey man that guy knows his stuff!
    12-02-09 02:59 PM
    What did I say? You quoted some things I heard about the Omnia 2 and Windows Mobile... Try not to turn this thread into the last one...

Thanks...
    12-02-09 03:41 PM
    Seriously you guys need to start just ignoring each other!.....

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    12-02-09 07:06 PM
    Ok lets get back on track folks! I have deleted 15 Off Topic posts!
    12-03-09 07:42 AM
    This isn't possible...

WinMo is the best, most capable OS available, and the Omnia 2, with its incredible screen and 200% better than Tour battery life, is the best phone out there. So if you wander off out into the wilderness where no one ever travels, and lose a data connection, and your phone is suspended for non-pay, you can still find your way home... Thank God Microsoft is looking out for us, while Big Bad Red is just trying to shove a Droid down our throat...
    That is like saying Linux is better than the operating system software that controls the avionics on aircraft. Or Windows 7 is more capable then Ubuntu 9.10, or a Ferrari is more capable than a Bugatti. Microsoft doesn't give a hoot about WM, it's not their cash cow. Whereas RIM has more of a stake in the BBERY OS.

Now if your post was sarcastic...that's another story.
    12-03-09 08:21 AM
    Very sarcastic

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 12-03-09 at 08:15 PM.
    12-03-09 08:12 PM
    Even the best of reviews has this device running "laggy".
    As much as I would like to try this phone I just can't after having used multiple WM devices with the same issues I see in the reviews on the Omnia II
    Typical WM
    12-22-09 09:41 AM
    Even with the 800mhz processor and power saving screen, the phone is still as sluggish as the Touch Pro 2 or Imagio...
    12-22-09 04:58 PM
    From what I have read if you disable Touch Wiz the device really speeds up and if you use SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 it gets even faster. Having not used it myself I don't know how fast but I have been looking into getting one and have been researching before I decide to buy something.
    12-22-09 09:07 PM
    There are some Android devices coming out soon that'll blow it out of the water, and rumor has it a couple Palm devices as well...
    12-22-09 10:05 PM
    I agree. That is a major reason why I have not bought a new device yet. I am seriously considering Android but the Eris and Droid, while great in their own way, just aren't what I am looking for. To be blunt I don't like the way they look. I like the look of the omnia 2 but don't think I want a windows mobile phone. The new BlackBerrys are nice and they do look great but I want to try something else and Android seems to be where I am heading.

12-22-09 10:56 PM
    There are some Android devices coming out soon that'll blow it out of the water, and rumor has it a couple Palm devices as well...

Palm devices on VZW?? I used to run a Palm device on VZW but they quit carrying them. And I wonder what the build quality and performance will be like?
    12-23-09 07:51 AM
    Take a look at some of the tech blogs, like Engadget or BGR... There have been some new rumors floating around about some possible Palm devices... Most reps here seem to value their job, so you might not hear much here, but the information is out there...

As for what I'm hoping out of a Palm for VZW... Something like the Pre, but amped up. Higher resolution screen, better build quality (one of the major issues with the Sprint Pre), and a larger backing. Right now I believe there are just over 1000 apps available, and compared to the iPhone, Android or even BlackBerry, thats hardly anything... The webOS is a really clean and intuitive operating system, but if there aren't people out there making apps and whatnot for it, it won't be able to compete with the more supported OS's...
    12-24-09 07:41 AM
    Yeah palm is def coming back to vzw - there's some training out on the web os..

12-24-09 08:02 AM
    Your president admitted Palm is coming!
    12-24-09 08:06 AM
    Your president admitted Palm is coming!
    yes he did.......
    12-24-09 10:36 AM
    Cool news, I hadn't heard. Build quality seems to be a question with most anything these days so I guess we shouldn't expect too much.
    Outside of the typical WM issues the treo i ran was built solid, that's been a minute though.

Might be worth taking a gander at then!
    12-24-09 05:09 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD