I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep and he told me that 4.5 release for verizon customers will be available once Storm is available. I asked him why would they do that he said "he cannot comment on it" I am not sure if he is just giving me BS but it does sound like something Verizon would do. Is Verizon thinking that if they do not provide the Verizon update that VZ customers will buy the Storm instead????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 11:03 PM
    Sounds like nothing to even worry about. It'll be out when it's out. No sense is getting upset about it.
    10-18-08 11:14 PM
    Agree with Sunkast - Keep in mind that most of the time when it comes to device and certain other releases, we are like customers. They tell us nothing until we need to know.

When I speak to our customers and I do not know something, I will say so. Thisis ususally when it comes to release dates. If a rep uses their resources for everything else, there should be very little misinforamation given about standard things like released devices, price plan, etc.
    10-19-08 08:05 AM
    Why would this be a surprise for anyone? I've said it before, VZW would want you to buy the Storm. If they can get your attention that the Storm supports HTML email out of the box, why should they let you know you can get HTML email on your current BB from them via an OS upgrade? It's just an extra Ace up their sleeve for them. You have to know how these guys think and you'll eventually get why they do what they do. Another slim (very slim actually) possibility here is that once the Storm comes out and it has unlocked GPS, VZW might release the lock on the 8830 and 8330 phones when they upgrade to 4.5 for those devices. It's VERY slim chance this is the case for the delay however. It's more then likely the case of them trying to make the Storm seem like it has more capabilities then current Blackberries by distracting customers from knowing that 4.5 adds a good amount of features to their existing Blackberry handsets they might already own.
    10-19-08 09:55 AM
    i 2nded civic when he said that back a few weeks ago. and llook it happened. its all about the $$$$$ and nothing else.
    10-19-08 01:52 PM
    i 2nded civic when he said that back a few weeks ago. and llook it happened. its all about the $$$$$ and nothing else.
    Another self centered statement, without any facts. All about the $$$, of course it is. This is why companies are in business to make money. Is this the reason they have not released 4.5? Who knows. You would need to ask the people that make those decisions.

4.5 will be a nice addition to your device, but not if it does not work right for the device. it will be out when it is ready to be released. WOW! guess what if the company was out for over kill, they would charge you to have 4.5, but alas this I am sure will be no charge. Not like microsoft that will not charge you for fixes, but does charge for OS upgrades.

Let the games begin
    10-19-08 02:06 PM
    Actualy, most carriers will not support/offer an os version that has not been realeased on a device that they carry. I believe that its more likely due to the fact that there is no reason to deal with the upgrades and the flood of customer service calls when they are getting ready to release the os on a device that they know will work seamlessly. But that's purely my opinion as I don't work in the industry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 02:15 PM