Wow ...

I upgraded 2 of my lines to Moto Droid, but then soon after realized we wanted the dInc instead. Which happens to be out of stock, and we didnt want to pre-order so we will just wait til july and see when they land in the stores again.

However i didn't want to just outright return the Moto Droid just yet, i wanted to hold it until the 30 days was about up so that i can at least learn the OS, get a feel for the Settings, etc.

I've been careful as heck with this thing! To the point where if it was raining out i would shelter the phone, etc. Didn't want any issues when returning. Also didnt want to invest in cases for phones i knew i wouldn't keep.

Then a few moments ago i get a txt from my wife:

"Honey .. i dropped the phone"

YIKES!!!!

Am i assuming right, if there is damage to the phone they will not honor my 30 day exchange/refund?
    06-11-10 01:34 PM
    Alternatively im assuming i can just pay full retail for the replacement phone, and just sell this one on eBay for whatever i can make on it?

Or is that not allowed/possible?
    06-11-10 01:35 PM
    Damaging the phone voids the 30 day WFG. You would now have to keep that phone. You can at least file an insurance claim and have a working phone during your 2 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 02:06 PM
    Well tell your wife she had to keep the Droid and you get the Incredible . But seriously, if the phone even damaged at all? Any dents or marks? Insurance claim wouldn't be valid if the phone still works and nothing is really broken. Also, you'd probably be 200+ short on the difference between selling the Droid and the retail price on the Incredible.
    06-11-10 02:12 PM
    Alternatively im assuming i can just pay full retail for the replacement phone, and just sell this one on eBay for whatever i can make on it?

Or is that not allowed/possible?
    That's an option. Ebay's full of Moto Droids since the Incredible dropped into the market. Just make sure to get the incredible first before selling the Moto on Ebay
    06-11-10 02:14 PM
    the phone even damaged at all? Any dents or marks?
    Had a small scratch along the outer side. She said she colored it i and its barely noticeable so maybe we can pull a fast one at the counter? lol

you'd probably be 200+ short on the difference between selling the Droid and the retail price on the Incredible.
    Well upgrading both lines to the DINC would run me an extra $200 anyhow hehe
    06-11-10 02:34 PM
    It doesn't hurt to try.

06-12-10 08:27 PM
    Honestly if the damage isnt horrendous they will probably return it. They may ding you a little money on it, but it wont hurt to try.
    06-12-10 08:33 PM
    Kinda jealous that's your worst fear.

06-12-10 09:48 PM
    Honestly if the damage isnt horrendous they will probably return it. They may ding you a little money on it, but it wont hurt to try.
    Then people wonder why the clnr phones are pieces of **** . Because people probably do this kinda crap all the time.

06-12-10 09:49 PM
    thats your worst fear? I think you need to look at your life a little more. I mean yea that does suck, bur worst fear for me would be something like kids dieing or nuclear attack from Cuba..... Just sayin
    06-12-10 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD