07-30-09 05:59 PM
44 12
tools
    CARROLLTON, OH

A 62-year-old Carrollton area man was found unconscious and unresponsive Thursday morning during an intense search overnight by Carroll County sheriff deputies, an Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper and the patrols airplane.

Two K-9 units, several fire departments and 100 individuals on foot also were involved in the search for the man, who Sheriff Dale Williams said fled his residence on Kensington Rd. after a domestic disturbance call to deputies.

The man, who was treated at the scene by emergency medical technicians, was taken to Aultman Hospital and released Thursday afternoon.

Sheriff Sgt. Ron Clapper and firefighters found the man about 1 a.m. after 11 hours of searching in an area just north of Augusta, including Manfull Orchards, where there is a Verizon cell phone tower.

Williams said he attempted to use the mans cell phone signal to locate him, but the man was behind on his phone bill and the Verizon operator refused to connect the signal unless the sheriffs department agreed to pay the overdue bill. After some disagreement, Williams agreed to pay $20 on the phone bill in order to find the man. But deputies discovered the man just as Williams was preparing to make arrangements for the payment.

The sheriff organized the search party for the man after deputies responded to the domestic call Wednesday at 2:21 p.m. at the Kensington Rd. residence. The sheriff said the caller said the man was destroying the house and breaking windows and other items.

But when deputies arrived they were told the man had fled and had taken several bottles of pills.

I was more concerned for the persons life, Williams said. It would have been nice if Verizon would have turned on his phone for five or 10 minutes, just long enough to try and find the guy. But they would only turn it on if we agreed to pay $20 of the unpaid bill. Ridiculous.

Williams said he doesnt know how close the situation was to becoming a tragedy because hes not a doctor, but he thinks the mans condition was very serious.
    07-30-09 11:52 AM
    OOOuuuuccchhhhhhhhh. Imagine being the operator on the VZN end?? Stuck between trying to do your job and maybe helping someone? Business is cold hearted!
    07-30-09 11:56 AM
    That sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:58 AM
    And I get bashed all the time for talking about Verizon
    07-30-09 11:59 AM
    This has been posted a once or twice already, as it's a bit older.

But I agree with Sultan.. Imagine the Reps confusion.
    I would have immediately passed it to a higher authority that's for sure. LOL
    07-30-09 12:02 PM
    Moral of the story - If you're running from the law, then don't pay your phone bill. They'll never find you!!!
    07-30-09 12:06 PM
    The horse is already dead.

07-30-09 12:27 PM
    This has been posted already. The officer who called is idiotic because we have special law enforcement lines for them to call and get this information fast. A normal financial service rep wouldn't even be able to track the signal. As an officer he should KNOW THIS. If anyone should be sued, or blamed, it's the PD.
    07-30-09 12:53 PM
    And I get bashed all the time for talking about Verizon
    This isn't a case of talking about VZW... there are laws that protect customers from everyone including police agencies (unless you get a court order). Every carrier should operate the same way in this instance. So go make another VZW sucks thread bc in this case it's not VZW!

Blame the government for protecting customers information.

Moral of the story - If you're running from the law, then don't pay your phone bill. They'll never find you!!!
    True statement!

man....for a mom and pop store TMO sure isnt far behind you on the JD power awards?......your just mad cuz you dont have UMA calling
    JD power awards? I thought those were only good for commercial purposes!
    07-30-09 12:54 PM
    Better yet.. If your behind on your cell phone bill then get lost for a few days... the police will pay your bill, find you, and take you home!!! Heck you might even get a free cup of coffie out of it!!!
    07-30-09 12:58 PM
    This is incredibly old

07-30-09 01:14 PM
    You missed the whole point maybe because you're "uneducated". mom and pop made this country what it is...(got a clue yet)???
    07-30-09 01:35 PM
    You know, "Larry", now that I realize that you posted both this and the other one, I have to wonder if you spend all day trying to dig up things to use to stir the **** on these forums.

Go back under your bridge troll!

07-30-09 01:37 PM
    Thats true they did. But Mom and Pop are dying off.
    07-30-09 01:52 PM
    Trolling is for small minds - and Larry obviously has an axe to grind with his trolling.

Yes, he did post this same article several times on this site, as well as others, and he also neglected to mention that the police department has said their procedures have been revised so all officers knew the correct contact info.

If VZW had given information in this situation, they would not only have broken their own policies, but also the policies of every major telecom in the country, as well as multiple laws.

But Larry doesn't know this and Larry doesn't care. Larry just wants to look like a hero to the ignorant and a fool to everyone else.

07-30-09 01:55 PM
    wow this is intense....
    all i can say about the article was that at the end they made it seem like it was vzw's fault in the whole mess of things, weekend already stated that there are special areas within the company that the policemen should contact when they need this kind of information.. finacial services reps don't even have the ability to look at this information...

i feel like there is a lot of beef going on in this thread....is it bad that i rather enjoyed reading it?
    07-30-09 02:13 PM
    This is incredibly old

What timw warp do you live in where 60 days is INCREDIBLY old....drama queen

PS.....TWINS you STILLLLLLLLLL havent been able to show me where I posted this twice?
    Last edited by larrygump; 07-30-09 at 05:25 PM.
    07-30-09 02:14 PM
    Folks,

It's ok to report on this story and to discuss it, BUT lets watch the attacks on each other ok? ......

... from our Posting Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

And of course, we also have the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This is the place on the site to have fun and talk about whatever. From sports to the weather to what to buy your girlfriend for her birthday (buying her a new blackberry is always a good thing), anything goes in here. Just remember to keep it clean, keep it productive and keep it legal!

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    07-30-09 02:15 PM
    If your phone service is cut off for non-payment, are you still going to carry the thing around with you? Did he have his phone on him and powered up when they found him?
    07-30-09 02:31 PM
    ahahahaha gump!
    07-30-09 02:33 PM
    This has been posted already. The officer who called is idiotic because we have special law enforcement lines for them to call and get this information fast. A normal financial service rep wouldn't even be able to track the signal. As an officer he should KNOW THIS. If anyone should be sued, or blamed, it's the PD.

He did call in on LE line.....ps small doses of republican values results in facism.....you forgot to add that to your signature

google it........
    07-30-09 02:33 PM
    ahahahaha gump!
    what?.......
    07-30-09 02:34 PM
    What timw warp do you live in where 60 days is INCREDIBLY old....drama queen
    Maybe not *incredibly* old, but it has been discussed here.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/i-f...n-soon-233893/
    07-30-09 02:35 PM
    Racism is so pervasive...VzW is a bunch of facist's....and they have clearly brainwashed there weak willed reps!!!! Lmao. Rofl....hahahahahaha

07-30-09 02:43 PM
    HAHAHAHHA gump!
    07-30-09 02:48 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD