08-01-11 08:48 AM
38 12
tools
    Ok I just got my replacement phone, have to return the damaged unit. Can I keep the SIM and memory card from the damaged phone?
    Nope keep your memory cards. Replacement phones does not come with one unless the phone sent to you is brand new.

So many people call back to try to retrieve there memory card after they accidentally send it back and we have no way of retrieving it. Lifetime pictures gone.
    01-30-10 04:22 PM
    I have have Asurion insurance when I had my Storm 1 and upgraded to the Storm 2 and Verizon said the insurance I am paying will transfer to my Storm 2 just fine. I am still paying the $4.99 I was paying with my Storm 1 and not the prices listed in this thread. I called Verizon to verify that my insurance coverage is still the same. I also checked my number/account on Asurion's website and it shows Storm2, $4.99, $50 deductible. Should I be worried about anything?
    Your not grandfathered anymore since you upgraded your phone. The new tier rate should catch up with you soon. Sit back and enjoy the ride..LOL But your still covered as long as you have not done 2 claims within 12 months..

**Effective 5/17/2009, with all new device activations and new device upgrades. Until you upgrade to a new device, the existing monthly fee and deductibles remain in effect.****
    Last edited by BigDawgOfThemAll; 01-30-10 at 04:30 PM.
    01-30-10 04:25 PM
    I'm trading phones from my Tour to a S2 with someone. Will my insurance transfer to the S2 once I activate the device?
    01-30-10 07:39 PM
    I'm trading phones from my Tour to a S2 with someone. Will my insurance transfer to the S2 once I activate the device?
    Most likely will, but it should come off. Warr and Insurance should not carry on pre-owned devices. Warr with the carrier anyway.
    01-30-10 08:07 PM
    Yes, it's not suppose to transfer unless you buy or upgrade to a new phone from VZW corp store. But well you know.....
    01-30-10 08:08 PM
    I have insurance, but is my tour that i got from a friend covered still? and I decided to "white out" my tour about a month ago after all my friends started getting tours. Would the 1 year warranty cover my tour still, yes i realize ill have to make it look like i didnt switch my housing. I figured all i would have to do is put some white paint over the bottom left screw like it was before. any ideas?
    06-18-10 03:20 AM
    Nope is the answer.
    06-18-10 04:30 AM
    Quick question. My Storm 1 just went through the wash cycle and no longer works. This is my 4th storm before I got one that works. If I get a replacement I am honestly not expecting it to work. If it doesn't work will asurion replace it? Will it be under waranty? How does this work?
    07-08-10 02:15 PM
    Asurion replaced devices carry a one year warranty that is handled by Asurion in most cases...
    07-09-10 01:01 AM
    So as with many clueless people as my self out there, i have a question and where else to go but here to the savy forum.. i bought a blackberry 8330 back in the day when it was the top notch phn as all of us do, 2 kids later its not topnotch as shoes and school clothes have been more important! * THERE JUST AS EXPENSIVE* so heres my delemma, i LOVE my phone and worship it i take very good care of it have had the insurance for a very long time with metro pcs and have seem the hubby go through mroe phones than i care to address! but a few months ago it was shutting on and off, like it was always updating, just strange behavior for my phone, so i did what any normal person would do and wipped it clean and started over... to my despare it didnt work.. so i travled into town to the metro main sotre and talked to them they know me and still tried to sell me a samsung galaxy HA HA! jokes on them im a dedicated blackberrian! the only thing they said to do was to file a claim... ive never had to so i waited and waited its been 3 weeks now, i was driving down the freeway and my phone fell out the window ( it was on the dash board charging, and it just dissconected never had that happen) soooooooo i was forced to file a claim . when i was in the metro store i was tod that they NO LONGER make the 8330 that blackberry hasnt upgraded there phns in some time which i know isnt true cus the storm but metro doesnt really carry all that great of phones... so QUESTION IS: if that model of black berrry isnt available... what do they do ? like i said this is my first ins claim .........and im clueless thnxs for the help and i await some responces!
    07-31-11 08:06 PM
    They are supposed to give you a compatible model... Possibly Curve 3G?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 12:18 AM
    i guess we will see it should be here on the 2nd.... i called customer service and "david" was very nice although he couldnt tell me if they were sending the 8330 or a newer version.... but did offer that it will be under warrenty still, after i asked due to them using refierbished phones. wish me luck
    08-01-11 01:57 AM
    Question? Since the OP of this thread got banned are we (Verizon Forum regulars) still interested in keeping up this thread? We DO have VZW employee regulars, and VERY knowlegable customers, and perhaps a stealth asuron rep or two????? Anyways what do you guys think, leave it open or close the thread? I'm talking to forum regulars, that is the people likely to answer the questions posed here, you know who you are.

PS You may PM me if you wish to remain anonymous.
    08-01-11 08:48 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD