01-08-09 12:50 AM
268 ... 7891011
tools
    Link didn't get me anything specific. What am I missing?

I just wanted to know if I need the CD's that came with phone or not and what their function is. The other thing would be if I could go to BB's site and DL software from them rather than VZW if there is a difference in software???

Not trying to be difficult, but still not getting it. Thanks.
    11-05-08 11:00 AM
    Sorry jack. Here is the correct link.

Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedure
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

The CD that came with the BB is your desktop software. You will need to download and install on your pc the os software. Then you can upgrade your phone. Look at the link in this post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 11:43 AM
    Can someone assist me. I am running 4.5.0.77 beta version I've had no problems. Last night I downloaded verizons version to my pc, I connected my bb to dm but it never loaded verizons version. So I deleted it from my pc. I turned my bb off last night to charge it. Today my battery is down to 30% and I haven't placed any calls and only sent a couple of msgs and emails. Why is my battery low? I only added one new app last night, Flycast, but I deleted several other apps. Also, my memory is low. I cleaned my log and browser. I've never had a problem b4 could the verizon version have downloaded on my bb while connected to dm? Don't mean to ask dumb question but I need to know why my battery is so low only after a couple of hours. How can I tell if I'm running the beta still or veizon's version? Please help
    11-05-08 12:01 PM
    Sorry jack. Here is the correct link.

Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedure

The CD that came with the BB is your desktop software. You will need to download and install on your pc the os software. Then you can upgrade your phone. Look at the link in this post.

Thank you very much. I will give it anothe try when I get home tonight.

I'm still just so used to the Treo deal. I know I said the evil word....
    11-05-08 12:18 PM
    I updated today to the official Verizon 4.5 version. However, e-mails are not displaying HTML. What's worse is that when I go to Options in Messages, there is no option to enable HTML. The only options are Confirm Delivery, Confirm Read, and Send Read Receipts.

How do I get the HTML option?
    11-05-08 02:27 PM
    Have you resent your service books?

11-05-08 02:44 PM
    Have you resent your service books?

That seemed to do the trick. thanks.

Otherwise, the upgrade went fine.
    11-05-08 02:51 PM
    Okay I got home from office and install went very well. Less than 30 minutes and complete. Now when I go into options/advanced options/service book I cannot resend the books. When I hit the menu btn I only get "close" on every other point as well. Is there something I'm missing to get the books to resend and be able to view HTML emails?
    11-05-08 06:47 PM
    Okay I got home from office and install went very well. Less than 30 minutes and complete. Now when I go into options/advanced options/service book I cannot resend the books. When I hit the menu btn I only get "close" on every other point as well. Is there something I'm missing to get the books to resend and be able to view HTML emails?
    You have to resend service books from VZW BIS site. Or email settings on the blackberry then send from there once logged in.
    11-05-08 06:52 PM
    You have to resend service books from VZW BIS site. Or email settings on the blackberry then send from there once logged in.

Link?

Thnx
    11-05-08 07:15 PM
    11-05-08 08:20 PM
    Installed 4.5. BBmaps now have an error 523 with a reset box when I close the maps. After reset there other problems like radio is off when it is on. Battery pull takes care of all except the BBmaps. Reinstalled maps but error is still there. Any ideas? I don't know what to do next. Also will not find location with key chain 2000.

11-05-08 08:33 PM
    Try removing BBmaps rather just a reinstall. Then reinstall the OS then install BBmaps.
    11-05-08 08:56 PM
    I did remove the maps then new map install. Will try the OS reinstall. Maybe should get new DL of OS. Thanks

11-05-08 09:22 PM
    ALso make sure your DM is 4.5 or 4.6
    11-05-08 09:27 PM
    Thanks for link. Now I have other problems it seems. Not sure why its' so damn hard to get this to work. I went to the BIS site and had no idea what my login and pw were. I then called VZW customer service. They tried to help me as much as they could since the only phone I have at home is my cell.

They had me delete all the items except for a couple titled provisioning in the service book section. He then sent them to me again after we hung up since we couldn't do voice and data at same time.

He told me it had something to do with my email setup and a username/pw. I went into the wizard and found my info and tried to send service books and I also found the username I forgot all about and my pw. I then went back to the link you gave me, but for some reason it says my account has been locked.

This is the biggest PITA. Why is it I can't get the stuff to work or get help from the Verizon people? I just tried to call to get them to unlock the account or whatever they have to do and was on hold for 30 min so I hung up.

Any help would be appreciated!
    11-05-08 09:36 PM
    Accout locked means the password has been tried too many times. Reps cannot fully trouble shoot an issue with you on the device. This is fact. Get another phone or call from home when you have the time and they will get it working. Your situation with the mail should not take long to resolve. The account should become unlocked after about 20 minutes.
    11-05-08 09:47 PM
    Accout locked means the password has been tried too many times. Reps cannot fully trouble shoot an issue with you on the device. This is fact. Get another phone or call from home when you have the time and they will get it working. Your situation with the mail should not take long to resolve. The account should become unlocked after about 20 minutes.

Sounds good. I will call tomorrow am when I get to work. Thanks again for the help!
    11-05-08 09:50 PM
    Thanks for link. Now I have other problems it seems. Not sure why its' so damn hard to get this to work. I went to the BIS site and had no idea what my login and pw were.
    Where did you setup your email accounts on your BB initially? That alone will depict where your issues with your BIS loging are coming from. You see, for some reason the brains at VZW decided to "try" and make things easier for people and not force them to create a management username and password for the BIS setup PRIOR to actually adding account when you run the EMail Setup Wizard on the handheld. Now, if you setup the emails from that on your Blackberry, that's why you don't have a BIS account username and password. You can tell if this is the case if you run the EMail Setup Wizard on the BB and it automatically takes you to account management without asking you for a login of any kind. If this is the case, go to Advanced or Help or Services (it's one of the options on the screen) and choose to "Create a username and password". When you do this, you will be prompted for this info before you can manage your email accounts setup in BIS from both your Blackberry and the BIS website you visit with a PC browser.
    11-05-08 10:05 PM
    Where did you setup your email accounts on your BB initially? That alone will depict where your issues with your BIS loging are coming from. You see, for some reason the brains at VZW decided to "try" and make things easier for people and not force them to create a management username and password for the BIS setup PRIOR to actually adding account when you run the EMail Setup Wizard on the handheld. Now, if you setup the emails from that on your Blackberry, that's why you don't have a BIS account username and password. You can tell if this is the case if you run the EMail Setup Wizard on the BB and it automatically takes you to account management without asking you for a login of any kind. If this is the case, go to Advanced or Help or Services (it's one of the options on the screen) and choose to "Create a username and password". When you do this, you will be prompted for this info before you can manage your email accounts setup in BIS from both your Blackberry and the BIS website you visit with a PC browser.
    I set them up at home. They gave me the one page to go by and I used that. I did go into my email account and hit the "edit" section and saw that for my email account I do have a username and pw filled in.

Does this sound like I have things set up correctly? Maybe I just need an email to come in where I can choose to view source or whatever to view in html. I did get an email for activation server after I sent the service books from the wizard when checking for username and password. That however did not give me the option to view anything in html.
    11-05-08 10:22 PM
    ^^^ If you have an account icon on your home screen for the email account in question and you received an activation message for it, then it's setup correctly.

After you resent your service books, there should be an option when you to into an email account and hit Menu/Options and pick Email Settings, you should see options for HTML EMail support. If you don't see these options, then your BIS service books have not updated properly. Resend them from the BIS site and reregister the handheld on the network under Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table, Menu and then Register. If even after this you don't see the options, wait... it will eventually come through. More then likely the issue is with Verizon's slow BIS servers and updating everyone's service books for them.
    11-05-08 10:39 PM
    ^^^ If you have an account icon on your home screen for the email account in question and you received an activation message for it, then it's setup correctly.

After you resent your service books, there should be an option when you to into an email account and hit Menu/Options and pick Email Settings, you should see options for HTML EMail support. If you don't see these options, then your BIS service books have not updated properly. Resend them from the BIS site and reregister the handheld on the network under Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table, Menu and then Register. If even after this you don't see the options, wait... it will eventually come through. More then likely the issue is with Verizon's slow BIS servers and updating everyone's service books for them.

Everything worked out okay after I played around with it a little while. I got a few emails am and I have the setting to receive the html automatically. Thanks again to everyone for their help!!!
    11-06-08 06:39 AM
    It may have been mentioned earlier, but is anyone having trouble with updating Docs2Go? I have followed instructions posted here and everytime that I attempt to update I get a timed out message.

Also, my 8330 will not play youtube videos. When I first got it it worked great, but then it stopped for no apparent reason and it still won't work after the upgrade.

11-06-08 09:26 AM
    Hey 96Ag, I had a couple of bugs after the new update, after resending the service books, turn the device on and then off. It worked for me. As for the update for Docs2Go not sure why it's timing out. Only thing I can think of is make sure that you are registered with them otherwise the update won't go through.
    11-06-08 09:42 AM
    i got 4.5.0.77 when it was released, im jw if they have released a newer verison or if there are any plans too.... speakerphone but is just a little annoying... ocd probably kicking in lol
    11-14-08 07:21 PM
268 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD