01-08-09 12:50 AM
268 ... 56789 ...
tools
    But did they release gps for bb maps? If not I will keep .97 no need to go backwords

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 03:27 PM
    No GPS, sorry.
    11-03-08 03:30 PM
    does .97 fix the problem with moodio quit streaming when you go back to home screen? also does it fix the speaker phone problem?

* edit
    shot over to the beta talk forum and apparently neither issue is fixed so scarew that. i just wanted to try out flycast.
    Last edited by crescent; 11-03-08 at 04:52 PM.
    11-03-08 04:37 PM
    Ok hear is a bit of a side question, I have the beta but my html email doesn't work, was there a download that I missed? Second ? Does the new release offer docs to go? And why would any switch backword is there an advatage?

11-03-08 04:56 PM
    what about 4.5 for the 8830? why would they release it for the curve and not the 8830?
    11-03-08 05:26 PM
    Ok hear is a bit of a side question, I have the beta but my html email doesn't work, was there a download that I missed? Second ? Does the new release offer docs to go? And why would any switch backword is there an advatage?

I have read in other threads that you need to resend your service books to get the HTML email. Only new email will be HTML, those you may be saving on the device will still be text.
    11-03-08 06:04 PM
    what about 4.5 for the 8830? why would they release it for the curve and not the 8830?
    Cause the storm is coming out.
    11-03-08 06:06 PM
    I downloaded and installed 4.5 but when I restarted my phone everything was there except facebook! It was like deleted or not reinstalled for whatever reason. Anyone else have this problem?

11-03-08 07:19 PM
    facebook shows up as a service book. then once installed it can removed from applications. Have you resent you service books.
    11-03-08 07:21 PM

Yes the official vzw 4.5 has Docs to Go. Just make sure to check the box in DM first. It's not checked by default. As for the HTML e-mail, try resending Service Books.

11-03-08 07:51 PM
    When downloading the official upgrade from VZW, do the 3rd party apps remain intact?

Are the browser bookmarks reset?

Thanks.

11-03-08 07:55 PM
    As far as i know no 3rd party apps will come back, but I have been wrong before. The update will do a back up and bookmarks should come back
    11-03-08 08:00 PM
    When downloading the official upgrade from VZW, do the 3rd party apps remain intact?Are the browser bookmarks reset?Thanks

Yes, they remain if you choose to back them up from DM during the upgrade. You can also choose to save bookmarks, contacts,
    messages, etc.

11-03-08 08:21 PM
    Just make sure you have registration and unlock keys on hand. Programs such as BBSmart Alarm Pro will need to be unlocked again. I had to dig through old emails to find it!!
    11-03-08 08:48 PM
    I am wondering... now that people update tp 4.5, and it includes HTML emails, won't that deem some 3rd party apps useless? (i.e. Empower HTML Viewer and BBsmart email viewer)
    11-03-08 09:53 PM
    There was a post that stated empower has an update that will workwith 4.5, but there seemed to be an issue about attachments with it.
    11-03-08 09:55 PM
    Very Awesome, Downloaded and installed last night. So far the only issue I have had was it reset all my ringers, no big deal. Docs to Go is there, did seem to notice a little speed improvement. Not sure on the HTML e-mail yet. I am convinced. Did not loose a thing. Blackberries Rule!
    11-04-08 07:14 AM
    Very smooth install last night. I didn't like that the preloaded pictures went away, but no big deal. All my third party stuff is up and running. Notice this morning that I was receiving html emails....NICE! Only speed bump was with Ringo Pro, can't get to the preinstalled tones via Ringo anymore. Time to download some new ones. Much better memory management with 4.5.
    11-04-08 07:53 AM
    Anybody running Empower BES Mailbox? I want to know if it works with 4.5 before I take the plunge. Anybody?
    11-04-08 08:02 AM
    i just did the 4.5 download. went smoothly!
    11-04-08 09:21 AM
    im on BES and am no longer getting my work email. my BIS emails are working. i guess i just need to contact IT, but anyone here able to help first?

ok my work email is working now, dont know what the problem was or how it got fixed!
    Last edited by cstreet; 11-04-08 at 11:40 AM.
    11-04-08 10:47 AM
    I got an email from a friend at Verizon Wireless and it says:

"The 4.5 OS includes such enhancements as Rich HTML email support (for BIS or BES 4.1.6 or higher), the inclusion of Documents To Go for editing of Word and PowerPoint documents, along with the ability to download native attachments directly to the phone. Additional enhancements and fixes are detailed on the website. Also note that this update now enables Assisted GPS support for BlackBerry Maps (other 3rd party LBS applications will function as before)."

Does that mean the GPS in Blackberry Maps is unlocked? I have the 4.5 version, but not from Verizon. Has anyone tried "Where I Am" under find location to see if it works? Thanks.

Edit: I have 4.5, the unofficial OS, just wondering if it's worthwhile to actually get the official Verizon version. GPS is not unlocked with the version I have, it says "Searching For Satelites" and does so for well over 10 minutes then I just cancel.
    Last edited by scurvydlicious; 11-04-08 at 11:45 AM.
    11-04-08 11:32 AM
    I'm very excited to get home tomorrow. I don't have access to do the update.

11-04-08 11:43 AM
    I tried downloading the new OS on my desktop as well as laptop and for some reason when I get to around 71% download on both computers it just stops and doesn't go any further. I don't have any passwords set up or anything out of the ordinary. Any ideas why I would be running into this problem, or did anyone else experience something similar?? I am dying to get this update on my phone but can not get the whole file to download...does it have something to do with the settings on my computer mayber?? any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    11-04-08 11:50 AM
    Luka it did the same for me. I just figured it was because I already have the unofficial version.

11-04-08 11:52 AM
268 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD