01-08-09 12:50 AM
268 12345 ...
tools
    i usually have to do a battery pull at least once every few days. Usually its because of freezing due to things coming into the device while at the same time sending out something "from" the device.

Anyone having this problem? especially with sending MMS while either email, SMS, or MMS is coming in at the same time?

Also, does anyone know of a way to reboot like the battery pull, but without actually pulling the battery? Like some sort of hardreset from the handset itself? I use the otterbox protective case and it sucks having to tear this thing apart just to do a battery pull and put it all back together again
    10-15-08 06:08 PM
    ONly the alt+right shift+delete. This will reset the device but is not in any way as good as a battery reset
    10-15-08 06:46 PM
    But not on a pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 06:47 PM
    But not on a pearl.

Maybe true, but the poster has a Curve. Therfore, question answered
    10-15-08 07:01 PM
    Tech support tried telling me that 4.5 was available for Verizon from the BlackBerry website. I asked him since when and he made it sound like it had been out for awhile, of course when I tried it wasn't available. As usual tech support is hit or miss at Verizon but still not enough to make me leave.
    10-15-08 10:05 PM
    Maybe true, but the poster has a Curve. Therfore, question answered
    Sorry, but I am on WAP and can't see what people have. I was just making the statement for those that also have a pearl know that doesn't work on a pearl.

10-15-08 11:26 PM
    did anyone get that free vzw text saying to upgrade ur smartphone@ BlackBerry® Software Updates I jumped on it all excited thinking it was 4.5 officially being released only to go online and see the darn 4.3 still on the site. Is vzw playin with my emotions???
    10-16-08 02:41 PM
    I just got the same text. I got all excited, untill I saw that they are still only offering 4.3.
    10-16-08 02:43 PM
    Bunch of tiddley winks at Verizon

10-16-08 06:09 PM
    can anyone confirm a date yet?
    10-17-08 07:27 AM
    I've also noticed that since I installed 4.5.0.66 that I haven't done a battery pull in weeks.

10-18-08 06:30 AM
    i am waiting for the official release of VZW 4.5.

For those that are running 4.5 from other sources: is the Media Player changed in any way?

is the music player any louder? That is one minor complaint i have about my Curve with 4.3.

10-18-08 07:42 AM
    i am waiting for the official release of VZW 4.5.

For those that are running 4.5 from other sources: is the Media Player changed in any way?

is the music player any louder? That is one minor complaint i have about my Curve with 4.3.

Have you tried turning on Audio Boost in Options?

10-18-08 12:48 PM
    Have you tried turning on Audio Boost in Options?

yup.

can the newer OS's fix this? is that possible?
    10-18-08 12:58 PM
    Ok now I'm a bit confused. I call Verizon every couple of weeks to see if I can get some info on OS 4.5.

Today when I called, I was told that 4.5 has to go for beta testing first. I then asked, since it was available through Blackberry, doesn't that mean that beta is almost or completely finished? I couldn't get an answer to that. I then asked if it was true that 4.5 was coming out when the new Bold was coming out. He said that the new Bold wasn't being released until the Summer of 2009!!! Could that be true, or am I just confused?

Can anyone explain this any better to me?
    10-20-08 12:54 PM
    While it is not "official" from Verizon, you can download version 4.5 from Blackberry.com. They no longer check for your carrier and what your most current version is. You don't have to edit any files either.

I did the download this afternoon and everything went smoothly. It only took around 15 minutes to do.

Where do you go on the Blackberry site to do this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    10-20-08 02:18 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software

I wish I would have just left well enough alone. I had to downgrade and now I can't re-upgrade again....oh well.
    10-20-08 02:58 PM
    I wish we'd just stop talking about it...Let's pinky swear that no one will bring it up again until it shows up on the VZW site.
    10-20-08 03:46 PM
    Just upgrade to .77 it is a pretty solid release.
    10-20-08 08:22 PM
    Ok now I'm a bit confused. I call Verizon every couple of weeks to see if I can get some info on OS 4.5.

Today when I called, I was told that 4.5 has to go for beta testing first. I then asked, since it was available through Blackberry, doesn't that mean that beta is almost or completely finished? I couldn't get an answer to that. I then asked if it was true that 4.5 was coming out when the new Bold was coming out. He said that the new Bold wasn't being released until the Summer of 2009!!! Could that be true, or am I just confused?

Can anyone explain this any better to me?
    Thats because the rumor was when the Storm was released...Not the Bold.

The Storm will be out in a couple weeks.

And what is stopping you from re-upgrading?
    10-20-08 09:54 PM
    did anyone get that free vzw text saying to upgrade ur smartphone@ BlackBerry® Software Updates I jumped on it all excited thinking it was 4.5 officially being released only to go online and see the darn 4.3 still on the site. Is vzw playin with my emotions???
    I got this same text, I still can't figure out what the upgrade was?! Just some new version of VZNav?!
    10-20-08 09:58 PM
    Thats because the rumor was when the Storm was released...Not the Bold.

The Storm will be out in a couple weeks.

And what is stopping you from re-upgrading?
    That's what I thought. The rep just said the wrong phone. When I try to upgrade again, I am told that my phone has the most current version. Even after I delete the vendor file. Oh well, I can wait a few weeks. It's not worth the risk of messing up my phone.
    10-21-08 07:55 AM
    When I go from their site using the device software on their site it tells me I already have the latest and it wont let me install anything using their AppLoader. I am running 4.3 right now. Not sure if the reason why it wont let me update is because I am also on BES.
    I am on BIS but got the same message when I used APPLoader. Is there another way to do this?

Also, the reason that there is a delay with VZW is that they are adjusting RIM's version because RIM's version has a GPS feature. VZW wants to charge $10 for VZ Navigator, so they are pulling out RIM's and putting in theirs.
    10-22-08 07:31 AM
    I spoke with a Verizon technical guy last week. They had called me in response to a Verizon satisfaction survey I filled out. I had said in the survey that the closed nature of Verizon is driving us ( a corporate customer) to look at other carriers. I gave a specific examples of the slowness to release firmware updates and the GPS/VZnavigator situation. They called me specifically in response to this. The tech guy said they will be releasing the new firmware ANY DAY now. He said the delay is that they are actually opening the GPS to be used by Blackberry Maps. He said there are security issues with this, because the app will have access to some of Verizon's servers for the assisted portion of the GPS. He said the technical work is done, it's just the lawyers finishing paperwork. We spoke for a while, and he seemed pretty knowledgeable. He said Verizon has been getting the "lack of openness" feedback a lot, and they are making efforts to change it.

I am on BIS but got the same message when I used APPLoader. Is there another way to do this?

Also, the reason that there is a delay with VZW is that they are adjusting RIM's version because RIM's version has a GPS feature. VZW wants to charge $10 for VZ Navigator, so they are pulling out RIM's and putting in theirs.
    Last edited by ironmb; 10-22-08 at 09:21 AM.
    10-22-08 09:16 AM
    I spoke with a Verizon technical guy last week. They had called me in response to a Verizon satisfaction survey I filled out. I had said in the survey that the closed nature of Verizon is driving us ( a corporate customer) to look at other carriers. I gave a specific examples of the slowness to release firmware updates and the GPS/VZnavigator situation. They called me specifically in response to this. The tech guy said they will be releasing the new firmware ANY DAY now. He said the delay is that they are actually opening the GPS to be used by Blackberry Maps. He said there are security issues with this, because the app will have access to some of Verizon's servers for the assisted portion of the GPS. He said the technical work is done, it's just the lawyers finishing paperwork. We spoke for a while, and he seemed pretty knowledgeable. He said Verizon has been getting the "lack of openness" feedback a lot, and they are making efforts to change it.
    I hope that's true, but I'll remain skeptical for now.
    10-22-08 10:23 AM
268 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD